The simFlight Network Forums

Violent wind changes in FSX

Hello,

the reason I post in this forum about this problem is that at first I thought it was a problem between my AS6.5 or ASX and my FSX. But after I have disconnected AS6.5 and used the internal real weather generator for FSX, nothing changed. Still get completely different winds. At one point I'm overspeeding, the next I am at Alpha Floor protection in my MD-11. Has anybody else had this problem and maybe point me to an article or something?

Many thanks,

Xander

the reason I post in this forum about this problem is that at first I thought it was a problem between my AS6.5 or ASX and my FSX. But after I have disconnected AS6.5 and used the internal real weather generator for FSX, nothing changed. Still get completely different winds. At one point I'm overspeeding, the next I am at Alpha Floor protection in my MD-11. Has anybody else had this problem and maybe point me to an article or something?

It's a pretty bad bug in FSX, actually carried over from FS9. In FS9 I managed to fix it in FSUIPC pretty well with the wind smoothing. In FSX the FSUIPC4 wind smoothing does do a reasonably good job, but it still isn't completely foolproof. However, after lots of experiments and improvements over an extended period in I did mange to overcome it to pretty much most folks' satisfaction, and even added my own more realistic turbulence emulation (the smoothing in FS9 cut all turbulence out by the way it worked).

Have you tried enabling the FSUIPC4 wind smoothing at all? Of course you'd need a registered copy.

Regards

Pete