The simFlight Network Forums

No server or client

Good Morning,

I have installed, and registered the copies of FSUIPC and WideFS, but , when the flightsim is running i get the message in wideserver "getting ready", all the time at top of the window for flightsimulator 2002, and also at the client machine i get the message" waiting for the client and nothing happens in both cases. how to make it run as designed by you?

Thanking You,

Best Regards,

Aftab.

I have installed, and registered the copies of FSUIPC and WideFS, but , when the flightsim is running i get the message in wideserver "getting ready", all the time at top of the window for flightsimulator 2002, and also at the client machine i get the message" waiting for the client and nothing happens in both cases. how to make it run as designed by you?

I'm a little confused by what you say. The "getting ready" on the Server replaced the old "stopped" message which confused some people. After that it should display "waiting for clients". The client never says "waiting for client" -- it might say "waiting for a connection"?

I need to see the FSUIPC.Log file, the WideServer.LOG file and the WideServer.ini file (all from the FS modules folder, and possibly the WideClient.log file and the WideClient.ini file, from the WideClient folder on the other PC. Please ZIP them up and send them to me at petedowson@btconnect.com with an explanation of what you see happening.

Thanks,

Pete

Good Evening,

I have emailed you the files as requested. The message that i get at Client Pc is as "waiting for connection" and then nothing happens.Please look into it and let me know what configuration changes are needed to make it operational.

Thanking You,

Best Regards,

Aftab.