The simFlight Network Forums

how to do calibration for Throttle/Flaps/Brakesource

hi....Pete

i'm using FSX, FSUIPC 4.0 for boeing 747-400 .....My throttle is Goflight, GF TQ6 ....

Can you guide me how to calibrate throttle and flaps and brakesource ?

Do you know the offsets of the throttle and flaps and brakesource ?

How come my FSUIPC.INI is in other folder but not in the modules folder ?

Regards

Pronix

Can you guide me how to calibrate throttle and flaps and brakesource ?

Full guidance is provided in the Joystick calibration section of the FSUIPC User Guide. There are numbered steps giving full help, much more than I can give here. Please just follow them.

Do you know the offsets of the throttle and flaps and brakesource ?

I can look them up, of course, as can anyone who looks in the documentation provided in the FSUIPC SDK. But why do you want these?

How come my FSUIPC.INI is in other folder but not in the modules folder ?

For FSX there is no FSUIPC.INI file, but an FSUIPC4.INI. And it is not supplied or installed, but generated by FSUIPC4 every time it is run. If you have FSUIPC files in places other than the FSX Modules folder you may have put them there yourself. Neither FSUIPC4 nor its installer does.

Regards

Pete

Sorry for the late reply

okay i will follow the steps in the FSUIPC User Guide . tkx

i'm a student from singapore, doing a major project regarding boeing 747-400 ground run simulator.

Oic ...So do i need to do any configuration in FSUIPC4.INI in order to syncro the throttle/flaps/brakesource ? This is my 1st time doing the project related to aerospace and without any aerospace background.

Oic ...So do i need to do any configuration in FSUIPC4.INI in order to syncro the throttle/flaps/brakesource ? This is my 1st time doing the project related to aerospace and without any aerospace background.

What do you mean "syncro"? Throttle, flaps and toe brakes are independent, not synchronised. And there's generally no need to edit any INI files unless you are doing fancy programming stuff on buttons, or making lots of aircraft-specific settings and need to rationalise them.

Just calibrate your controls first, as in the User Guide.

Pete