The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.85.3, FS9 and Vista 32

hm

Hallo Pete,

Something is broken in the latest version. I have a lot of trouble with the button programming: the buttons are acting weird but there is no specific error, sometimes they are giving weird commands (change view instead of increment flaps etc.) ..., or are locked..., or only respond after multiple tries..., sometimes I can't to enter FS commands with the keyboard anymore..., sometimes joystick movements are not giving action any longer..., sometimes FS9 freezes. Weird things are going on. Returning back to 3.84.9 has solved my problems.

Regards,

Hugo

Something is broken in the latest version. I have a lot of trouble with the button programming: the buttons are acting weird but there is no specific error, sometimes they are giving weird commands (change view instead of increment flaps etc.) ..., or are locked..., or only respond after multiple tries..., sometimes I can't to enter FS commands with the keyboard anymore..., sometimes joystick movements are not giving action any longer..., sometimes FS9 freezes. Weird things are going on. Returning back to 3.84.9 has solved my problems.

Why 3.849? What is wrong with the current official release, 3.85? Why are you only using Beta versions?

Please compare 3.853 with 3.85, not with 3.849.

FSUIPC has nothing to do with FS-assigned controls on the keyboard. It sounds like you have something else going on there.

I'd need a *lot* more information to even start investigating. There's nothing broken here, everything is certainly working fine. And there are users of the other interim versions since 3.85 (3.851 and 3.852). The changes made are merely those listed in the Announcement above, so nothing really at all in the area of button assignments.

If you can provide some more details, after comparing it with 3.85, I'd be grateful. Like your INI file and a Log with button and key logging enabled. In fact you could use that logging yourself to see what is going on.

Regards

Pete

• 1 month later...

Same issue with me as well but I am using FS9 with Win XP. At first I thought it was a bad button on my yoke but after troubleshooting I found it was version 3.85 of FSUIPC. I can't fly for more than 5 minutes without the crazy "change view" thing from happening. Once it starts it happend every few seconds. This all started when I had to upgrade from 3.75 to 3.85 due to the PMDG MD-11. If I go back to 3.75 all is fine... with the exception of not being able to run the PMDG MD-11. I hate to have my views change all the time but swapping out the 3.75 and 3.85 dlls all the time (when I fly the MD-11 I need 3.85 or it wont load) are a pain as well. Any help will be appriciated.

Just for you info, I am running FS9 on Win XP Pro (all updates installed) with an intel dual core 3.0 pc w/4gb ram and an nvidia 9800. Yoke and pedals are Siatek but that seems not important since the issue happens even when the yoke is unpluged.

Thanks,

Keith

Same issue with me as well

So, then obviously I need the same information as I asked before, over seven weeks ago, with never a reply. Please read my message above. When I don't receive any follow up, and it is only a single report, I have to assume that the user concerned solved the problem by himself, or found that a later update fixed it already. I always hope that such users "complete" the thread with a reply, but obviously I cannot force this to occur.

There is really nothing in FSUIPC which can be doing this on its own, it is related to some setting or other, or possibly some add-on, but I cannot help you in a vacuum. There's no way for me to proceed. I have to work with actual information, as I asked the previous user, but to no avail.

Anyway, in the seven weeks since the last user was complaining about 3.853, there have been many other updates. You should please first try the latest interim version, 3.865, from the updates announcement above. If you still get problem, that is when the log and INI information is needed.

Version 3.865 is currently the "release candidate" for the next big release (maybe even 3.90) -- I still have a lot of documentation to work on, as there are several important new facilities which deserve expanded attention.

Regards

Pete

Sure thing Pete. How can I get this info to you? Do you need just the FSUIPC .ini or the fs9 one as well?

I will also download the file again to make sure I have the latest version but I think I do since I just ran into this problem this week. I was using 3.75 up until then.

Thanks,

Keith

Sure thing Pete. How can I get this info to you? Do you need just the FSUIPC .ini or the fs9 one as well?

The FSUIPC.INI, and the FSUIPC.LOG with Keys & Button logging and Event logging enabled, and you reproducing the problem and narrowing it down as far as possible in the log file.

I'm not interested in any FS9 files! You should really look at the Log first in any case. I'm sure you will then work out what is going on.

I will also download the file again to make sure I have the latest version but I think I do since I just ran into this problem this week. I was using 3.75 up until then.

Where did you download it from? If your last one is as old as 3.75, then you skipped 20 or 30 updates! Please ALWAYS check the version number -- there's no point in guessing. The version number is shown in the FSUIPC options, in the log, in the documentation, and in the DLL properties-version. I ALWAYS need the version number.

If it isn't 3.865 then it isn't the current increment. Check the Updates announcement in this Forum.

If files are short you can past them here. If you enclose them as "Code" (see the button next to "Quote") they'll not take up too much space and have a scroll bar. If they are big and you just can't narrow them down, ZIP them, and send to petedowson@btconnect.com, with an explanation of exactly what you did and what occurred in the covering email.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

OK, thanks Pete. I have been busy with work so I haven't had the chance to even test any more but I hope to be able to next week or this weekend and I will send you the files you requested.

BTW, my version is 3.8.5.0 and I just downloaded it last week from your official site. Where can I get 3.86.5?

Thanks again!

Keith

BTW, my version is 3.8.5.0 and I just downloaded it last week from your official site. Where can I get 3.86.5?

You can't, now. It's been superseded. The current interim update is 3.869, try that -- and it is, as usual, in the Updates announcement above with all the other goodies and useful information.

I did tell you in any case, please reread my message before, it clearly said "from the updates announcement above"!!!

Don't you ever scan the Announcements at all? They are there for a reason. That's where I try to keep folks informed!

:-(

BTW, the only "official site" i maintain is this one. The main releases go to Enrico Schiratti for him to put on his site (http://www.schiratti.com/dowson) because that is historically where all my Fs programs have been collected, and there are lots of links to it. But that only gets the main releases with full documentation. All the updates and fixes have come here first and have done so for nearly 5 years now!

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Don't you ever scan the Announcements at all? They are there for a reason. That's where I try to keep folks informed!

Sorry Pete, I came in through a google search and right to this page. Sadly with being a real-world pilot as well as a fellow FS developer I don't have much spare time to scan the announcements on all the forums. I will look for this one though on the forum announcement section.

Thanks,

Keith