The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4, Flightstick Pro USB, & Aileron Control Problems

I use CH Products Flightstick Pro USB, and have for a long time. I have the latest version of FSUIPC4 installed. I was able to set the sensitivities, etc and everything worked no problem. Then all of a sudden when deflecting the ailerons left or right, they would snap back to neutral on their own. I don't remember what I did, but somehow I corrected it, or it fixed itself. Now its happened again and I don't know what to do. I've tried recalibrating the joystick, plugging it into a different USB port, rebooting the computer, and yelling at it. I also called CH Products tech support and we were able to determine that there is nothing wrong with the joystick itself. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I use CH Products Flightstick Pro USB, and have for a long time. I have the latest version of FSUIPC4 installed. I was able to set the sensitivities, etc and everything worked no problem. Then all of a sudden when deflecting the ailerons full left or right, they would snap back to neutral on their own. I don't remember what I did, but somehow I corrected it, or it fixed itself. Now its happened again and I don't know what to do. I've tried recalibrating the joystick, plugging it into a different USB port, rebooting the computer, and yelling at it. I also called CH Products tech support and we were able to determine that there is nothing wrong with the joystick itself. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Really, if you have questions on FSUIPC you should ask them over in my Support Forum.

The usual reason for the behaviour you describe is double assignment. i.e. either the same control, or possibly different controls, assigned to the same FS operation in different places. It can even happen in FS alone, with the multiple joystick device facilities there. Adding FSUIPC into the mix, if you are assigning axes in FSUIPC at all you must be sure they are not also assigned in FS.

Pete