The simFlight Network Forums

AdvDisplayHotkey

Hello,

Wondering if somebody here might be able to help....

I'm running fsuipc 4.40 for FSX and radar contact 4.3. I'm trying to set the AdvDisplayHotkey in my fsuipc4.ini file so I can use the default key ( ' ) to show/hide the Radar Contact window. From the fsuipc advanced user guide it looks like this key is assigned a number of 222 but I have tried using this value without success... My keyboard is a standard uk layout (laptop) and this key is to the right of 186 (as mentioned in the guide).

I have tried setting the AdvDisplayHotkey to the suggested value of "65,11" (ctrl+shift+a) which works fine but I find it difficult to press....

I'm not sure if I am correct in just entering 222 as the value or if I am missing an entry? I am sure the answer is there in the advanced user guide but it is rather in-depth and goes over my head a bit unfortunately! :? Many thanks in advance for anyone able to advise the entry I'm looking for!

Adam

I'm running fsuipc 4.40 for FSX and radar contact 4.3. I'm trying to set the AdvDisplayHotkey in my fsuipc4.ini file so I can use the default key ( ' ) to show/hide the Radar Contact window.

Why are you trying to do it by editing the INI file instead of using the documented and easy method of using the Hot Keys tab in the options?

I'm not sure if I am correct in just entering 222 as the value or if I am missing an entry? I am sure the answer is there in the advanced user guide but it is rather in-depth and goes over my head a bit unfortunately! :?

So why go there? What is wrong with the User Guide itself, instead of the Advanced User's guide? For all standard options like these, you should not need to try to be "advanced". There's a chapter listed in the Contents page on Hot Keys!

Please just run FSX, go to FSUIPC Options (get the normal menu up at the top of the screen by pressing the ALT key. Choose "Add-Ons". Then you'll see "FSUIPC ...". Select it and you will be able to select from a number of tabs, including Hot Keys.

The User Guide does explain this, and also lists the Hot Keys. The "AdvDisplay" window is of course now described as the "FS display" (as AdvDisplay is no longer used), but the chapter on the Hot Keys clearly mentions Radar Contact specifically.

Incidentally, if you ever want to find out what keys have what codes, the most reliable method, which works for all keyboards, is to enable FSUIPC's Key and Button logging (on the Logging tab), then press the key and view the Log. With FSUIPC4, if you run FSX in Windowed mode, you can even see the result in real time by enabling the Console window log display.

Checking that myself I see that, on my newer Logitech keyboard the keycode 222 is actually the #~ key, and the '@ key is 192. Seems they've been transposed at some stage. I'm not sure whether I ought to change the "Advanced Users Guide" or not, as they were certainly correct as listed there on my UK keyboard at the time that list was made. It does say, just below, the these keys tend to vary from keyboard to keyboard.

Pete