The simFlight Network Forums

FS9:FSUIPC Error Pop Up at Flight Start Up

Good morning, Mr. Dowson.

I'm in FS2004, using the payware versions of both FSUIPC 3.85 (14th November 2008) and WIDEFS 6.78 (5th November 2007) (My Specs are in my sig. below). After upgrading to these latest releases I've been getting an intermittent FSUIPC pop up error window telling me "Error Opening. Already Open" right after I click on "Fly Now" to start my flight. I can click through it and my flight loads and runs fine, and it only happens say half of the time, but I've never seen it before upgrading to these latest releases.

I run FSHotSFX on my WideFS machine, and Active Sky v6.5, Radar Contact or Pro Flight Emulator, and Flight Deck Companion on my other 2 wideclient machines; all of these programs are usually already running, but (obviously) not yet connected. When I get the error, I have closed out each of these addon programs one by one, closing out FS9 as well (but no reboot), and I still get the error upon restart of a flight. I have run FS9 in this way with this type of set up for 2 years and never had this problem before.

To make the puzzle even more difficult, I am running XP Pro 64bit and I have a cloned copy of my primary C: Flight Sim Drive as backup on the WideFS computer, and the clone does have the registered copies of FSUIPC and WideFS on them, but is not running, and I have made sure the cloned FS9 and Flight Simulator Files folders are not being shared over the network.

I have done a search here but the only reference I see is to some Visual Basic Programming someone was doing a while ago.

Thank you very much for your time.

Chuck B.

MACHINE 1: FS2004/WinXP Pro 64 bit, Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Clocked to 4.1 GHz, Thermaltake TMG i1 Air Cooler, Asus Maximus Formula MB, 6GB PNY XLR8 DDR2 @1066, ATI 4870, WD Raptor 10K RPM 160 GB Hard Drive, Seagate 500 mgb 32mgb cache, Analog 2HTG w/ 3 19" I-INC flat panel monitors 1280x1024x32, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad PSU, FSNAV, FSPassengers, FSHotSFX, FSUPIC (Payware Version), WideFS

MACHINE 2: Dell Dimension E520, ActiveSky v6.5, FDC Live Cockpit, Radar Contact v4.3 or Pro Flight Emulator, WideClient

MACHINE 3: Dell Dimension, Ugly Gray Box Butsolidasarock P4, Active Sky v6.5, streaming LiveATC.net, WideClient

After upgrading to these latest releases I've been getting an intermittent FSUIPC pop up error window telling me "Error Opening. Already Open" right after I click on "Fly Now" to start my flight. I can click through it and my flight loads and runs fine, and it only happens say half of the time, but I've never seen it before upgrading to these latest releases.

Odd, as there's no such message in any of my programs! In fact I would never put out such a meaningless error! It must surely be another add-on you are using?

Maybe you should post a picture of this "pop-up", as your description isn't really helping.

Does the FSUIPC Log file show any errors? If FSUIPC or WideFs do have any errors to report, it is certainly there, in their log files, where they do so. In my programming I never make a pop-up window report unless there's something really serious occurring which is unrecoverable and so you need to know there and then.

Pete