The simFlight Network Forums

Pfc yoke trim not working

Hi Pete,

All has been working great until I updated to 4.330 yes am using 4.409. My trim on the yoke will not move. It is set at 64 and I even cut the delay to 10 and no go. I notice that you have a pan up down view always (something new) I have always made both rockers up down trim settings and they worked fine pressing both at the same time.

Have tried reinstalling and one time a panel init. error on Level-D came up and made the 767 inoperable . Have since deleted all the new and went to the Pfc website and downloaded the drivers. Since then no problems. No I have no reg. Fsuipc.

Nick

All has been working great until I updated to 4.330 yes am using 4.409. My trim on the yoke will not move. It is set at 64 and I even cut the delay to 10 and no go.

Are you mixing up FSUIPC with my PFCFSX driver? How is your PFC yoke connected, and how have you assigned the trim? What is this "delay" you have "cut to 10", and what is it that is "set to 64"?

I notice that you have a pan up down view always (something new)

Sorry, I'm not following this. WHERE, exactly, have I got a "pan up down view always"? This is very confusing. I really don't know what you are talking about. Can you clarify, please?

Have tried reinstalling and one time a panel init. error on Level-D came up and made the 767 inoperable . Have since deleted all the new and went to the Pfc website and downloaded the drivers. Since then no problems. No I have no reg. Fsuipc.

So you are okay now after all? What drivers did you get from the PFC website? Do you mean my PFCFSX? If so you'll normally find more recent versions on the FSUIPC download page (www.schiratti.com/dowson), and even more recent in the Announcements above.

Sorry, I really cannot help without some words of explanation about what you are talking about, and if there are now "no problems" as you say at the end, what exactly is the purpose of your posting?

Regards

Pete

All has been working great until I updated to 4.330 yes am using 4.409.

Okay. I've now managed to figure out that by "4.330" you mean the PFC driver, and of course by "4.409" you mean the version of FSUIPC.

So the rest then sort-of falls into place. You are actually saying that the current PFCFSX driver doesn't respond to the trim assignment, in that driver. I'll check that at soon as I can set up my system to work that way (my PFC 737NG cockpit has a different trim arrangement on the yoke, operating motors which turn the trim wheels).

I notice that you have a pan up down view always (something new)

Now i also see what you mean here. This was changed for FSX because the old up/down controls don't work in both 2D and VC cockpit modes. Those new FSX ones do. They only replace the previous pan up/down defaults.

I have always made both rockers up down trim settings and they worked fine pressing both at the same time.

Okay, that should be the same now.

I'll get back to you when I've done some testing.

Regards

Pete

My trim on the yoke will not move.

Okay. Found it.

It is related to the motorised trimming mods I did a LONG time ago! Many of the interim versions I've been posting would have had this problem too -- yet no one came back to me. Shows that not many folks bother to look in the Downloads announcements for updates other than FSUIPC ...

Anyway, until I fix it properly you can still use PFCFSX 4.330 by adding the following line to the [General] section of the PFCFSX.INI file:

MotorTrim=No

(If currently defaults to "Yes", but should be then suppressed by the Console option).

Apologies for any inconvenience,

Regards,

Pete