The simFlight Network Forums

Trouble installing FSUIPC on FS4

I have the Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel and have downloaded the FSUIPC 3.85 on my computer (Windows XP) to use with FS4. I first downloaded and unzipped on my desktop, copied the FSUIPC.dll into the Module file on FS4. I start FS4 and the module shows, but my switch panel does not come on. I also copied the FSUIPC folder to FS4 program files. Maybe I am not downloading to correct file path. Can you help me with this?

I have the Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel and have downloaded the FSUIPC 3.85 on my computer (Windows XP) to use with FS4. I first downloaded and unzipped on my desktop, copied the FSUIPC.dll into the Module file on FS4. I start FS4 and the module shows, but my switch panel does not come on. I also copied the FSUIPC folder to FS4 program files. Maybe I am not downloading to correct file path. Can you help me with this?

Is this "Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel" an FSUIPC client program? I wouldn't have thought so -- no one from Saitek has ever contacted me about this. If it doesn't use FSUIPC then installing FSUIPC will not magically make it work.

BTW what's this "FSUIPC folder"? The only installation needed for FSUIPC is the presence of the FSUIPC.DLL in the FS Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

My husband bought the Saitak Pro Flight Switch Panel to use on Flight Simulator 2004. He had read on the internet you could download a control interface to use the switch panel on FS 2004. He used the following links to download the control interface and the fsuipc 3.85

However, we must be doing something wrong, because it will not work.

http://www.flightsimx.co.uk/hardware/usth-fs2004/

http://www.krosa.it/ssp/

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Can you give us step by step instructions on how to download and install program for this switch panel to work on FS 2004?

Can you give us step by step instructions on how to download and install program for this switch panel to work on FS 2004?

Sorry. I don't have any Saitek gear and I'd never heard of this Switch Panel interface program before you mentioned it. I can only suggest you ask the author. It looks like he is offering help on that web-page (the www.krosa.it one). Have you asked there?

I really cannot support other folks' programs, especially ones I've never heard of for hardware I haven't got! Sorry!

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pete

I'm the author of SSP.

I've sent you two (2) emails when I was about to release the program asking if there was any problems about the FSUIPC usage.

I've never received a reply, I tought you was too busy to reply and I released it anyway. :D

If there're any problems with FSUIPC usage please let me know.

I'm very sorry people is asking support to you and I will put an addictional note on my website, but I think my webpage state clearly that pleople asking for support should send any question to me.

All the best.

Stefano

I'm the author of SSP.

I've sent you two (2) emails when I was about to release the program asking if there was any problems about the FSUIPC usage.

I've never received a reply, I tought you was too busy to reply and I released it anyway.

Sorry, I never received them. Maybe you got the email address incorrect? Otherwise they must have been swallowed up in my ISP's spam cruncher somehow.

If there're any problems with FSUIPC usage please let me know.

If your program is freeware then there's no problem. if you are masking a profit from it then there should be some agreement between us on licensing. Please do try emailing me again: petedowson@btconnect.com. Normally, if you don't get a reply within a few hours, I didn't receive it. I do reply to all genuine emails I receive -- only spam and phishing attempts are deleted. There will be delays when I'm on holiday or (as next Monday-Wednesday, away at a funeral), as I never go near the Internet then.

I'm very sorry people is asking support to you and I will put an addictional note on my website, but I think my webpage state clearly that pleople asking for support should send any question to me.

Thank you very much!

Regards

Pete