The simFlight Network Forums

Network & Widefs6 Newbie Help

Hello Peter and fellow users,

after more than 15 years of simming I finally got around to networking 2 PC's. Both are Winxp SP3 and from checking my network places the network was setup sucessfully :roll: Firewall completeley disabled on both machines and C drives are shared on both as well.

I have a belkin router and I believe my network is setup that way. I wanted to setup a direct connection but couldn't get passed the "a network cable is unplugged message"......I know, total networking newbie here, although I'm pretty "single-pc-savy". Either way, I can't get wideserver and client connected. Here are the log's:

Windeserver:

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 6.78] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 29/12/08, Time 21:02:07.765: Server name is OWNER-D7F721286

51938 Initialising TCP/IP server

51938 Initialising IPX/SPX server

51938 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10047] Address family not supported by protocol family

51938 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

51938 Initialising UDP/IP server

52016 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs

63000 Restarting service due to total lack of use

63000 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

213860 Closing down now ...

Memory managed: Offset records: 0 alloc, 0 free

Read buffer usage: 0 alloc, 0 free, max in session: 0

Write buffer usage: 0 alloc, 0 free, max in session: 0

Throughput maximum achieved: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

Throughput average achieved for complete session: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

********* Log file closed *********

WideClient:

********* WideClient Log [version 6.78] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 29/12/08, Time 21:03:18.171: Client name is PETER

109 Attempting to connect now

671 Server = OWNER-D7F721286

703 Trying TCP/IP host "OWNER-D7F721286" port 8002 ...

703Okay, IP Address = 24.28.193.9

21609 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out

21609 Ready to try connection again

23609 Attempting to connect now

23609 Giving up server, looking for another!

23718 Server = OWNER-D7F721286

23921 Trying TCP/IP host "OWNER-D7F721286" port 8002 ...

23921Okay, IP Address = 24.28.193.9

47671 Server = OWNER-D7F721286

47703 Trying TCP/IP host "OWNER-D7F721286" port 8002 ...

47703Okay, IP Address = 24.28.193.9

70671 Giving up server, looking for another!

70718 Server = OWNER-D7F721286

71765 Trying TCP/IP host "OWNER-D7F721286" port 8002 ...

71765Okay, IP Address = 24.28.193.9

95593 Server = OWNER-D7F721286

95625 Trying TCP/IP host "OWNER-D7F721286" port 8002 ...

95625Okay, IP Address = 24.28.193.9

118671 Giving up server, looking for another!

119562 Server = OWNER-D7F721286

119593 Trying TCP/IP host "OWNER-D7F721286" port 8002 ...

119593Okay, IP Address = 24.28.193.9

143546 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

154546 Giving up server, looking for another!

154828 ****** End of session performance summary ******

154828 Total time connected = 0 seconds

154828 Reception maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

154828 Transmission maximum: 0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec

154828 Max receive buffer = 0, Max send depth = 0, Send frames lost = 0

154828 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 0, Alloc 0 Freed 0 Refused 0) *********

I'll stop here for now hoping it's obvious to the networking pro's as to what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

@P. Dawson> Please disregard my previous email regarding an incorrect email address for registration. Simmarket got it sorted out for me.

I wanted to setup a direct connection but couldn't get passed the "a network cable is unplugged message"......I

You need a special cable to link PC to PC directly, one with the wires crossed over. Ask in the store for an EtherNet or Cat5 crossover or PC-PC cable.

671 Server = OWNER-D7F721286

703 Trying TCP/IP host "OWNER-D7F721286" port 8002 ...

703Okay, IP Address = 24.28.193.9

21609 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10060] Connection timed out

That IP address looks like an external IP address, one on the World Web. Are you sure that's right? Most local PC networks use IP addresses beginning 192.168...., though I know there are less used alternatives. Maybe that router is setup incorrectly?

I would recommend setting fixed IP addresses in any case on all PCs on a local network, especially when used for FS, as it stops those intermittent blips in performance when Windows goes and asks for IP address data.

Regards

Pete

I bought a FSUIPC together with WIDE FS for FS2004.I need run of aircraft sounds on client PC.Is it possible ?

Not with WideFS. WideFS is a client extension of the FSUIPC interface. Any application which interfaces to FSUIPC and which doesn't need to be installed inside FS can be used on a WideFS client, but bits of FS itself, like the sound innards, can't be moved over. You could only do that sort of thing by having two complete installations of FS and linking them via either multiplayer or using Luciano Napolitano's "WidevieW".

Regards

Pete

I bought a FSUIPC together with WIDE FS for FS2004.I need run of aircraft sounds on client PC.Is it possible ?

Not with WideFS. WideFS is a client extension of the FSUIPC interface. Any application which interfaces to FSUIPC and which doesn't need to be installed inside FS can be used on a WideFS client, but bits of FS itself, like the sound innards, can't be moved over. You could only do that sort of thing by having two complete installations of FS and linking them via either multiplayer or using Luciano Napolitano's "WidevieW".

Regards

Pete

Thank you Mr.Dowson,

here is a problem.I bought WIDEVIEW for scenery.I wanted to use sound for client PC,which is WIDEVIEW client,but WIDEVIEW on client PC switches off sound on that PC and no posibility to switch on.I asked about that from Luciano Napolitano,but he cannot help me.On server PC I have two sound cards.One for inside cockpit sounds,second for TEAMSPEAK,but I need engine sounds from outside my home made cockpit.Therefore I trying to find some solution.I bought one more PC only for sound,without WIDEVIEW,but do not know,how to do it.If have you some ideas,that helps to me.

Best regards,

Norbert

here is a problem.I bought WIDEVIEW for scenery.I wanted to use sound for client PC,which is WIDEVIEW client,but WIDEVIEW on client PC switches off sound on that PC and no posibility to switch on.I asked about that from Luciano Napolitano,but he cannot help me.

I expect he's using "slew" mode, which has no sound. I thought that was an optional way of operating. I've really not been near WidevieW for a long time.

On server PC I have two sound cards.One for inside cockpit sounds,second for TEAMSPEAK,but I need engine sounds from outside my home made cockpit.Therefore I trying to find some solution.

Best to use Teamspeak on the client in any case. FS sound routing is possible with a 5.1 or better sound system -- at least on FSX -- as the sound is located correctly for such effects.

I use pmSounds from Project Magenta for in-cockpit sounds, and Radar Contact on the same client PC.

Regards

Pete

here is a problem.I bought WIDEVIEW for scenery.I wanted to use sound for client PC,which is WIDEVIEW client,but WIDEVIEW on client PC switches off sound on that PC and no posibility to switch on.I asked about that from Luciano Napolitano,but he cannot help me.

I expect he's using "slew" mode, which has no sound. I thought that was an optional way of operating. I've really not been near WidevieW for a long time.

On server PC I have two sound cards.One for inside cockpit sounds,second for TEAMSPEAK,but I need engine sounds from outside my home made cockpit.Therefore I trying to find some solution.

Best to use Teamspeak on the client in any case. FS sound routing is possible with a 5.1 or better sound system -- at least on FSX -- as the sound is located correctly for such effects.

I use pmSounds from Project Magenta for in-cockpit sounds, and Radar Contact on the same client PC.

Regards

Pete

yes,now I know,wideview on client pc is on slew mode,therefore no sound :( ,but you help me so much.on server have teamspeak and inside sounds use module from sim-avionics.only in the teamspeak is posibility to choose sound card for use,therefore I leave teamspeak on server,but move sim-avionics sound module to client,which will run without problem,and on server run engines.very easy,but only after your help.thank you very much Mr.Dowson ! :wink:

Norbert,Slovakia