The simFlight Network Forums

FSX Learjet 45 BANK HOLD Button Status FSUIPC Offset Please

Hi,

I am using FSUIPC / Widefs to read the status of the buttons for the FSX Learjet 45 Cockpit.

I would like to read the status of the BANK HOLD button using FSUIPC in order to display its status using an LED driven from my interface.

The problem is that I cannot find a FSUIPC offset that shows the status of this button.

I have used FSInterrogate2std but cannot see anything change when the button is pressed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.learjet45chimera.co.uk

I am using FSUIPC / Widefs to read the status of the buttons for the FSX Learjet 45 Cockpit.

I would like to read the status of the BANK HOLD button using FSUIPC in order to display its status using an LED driven from my interface.

There are no Bank Hold facilities or indicators internal to FS at all, so there's nothing for FSUIPC to read. If there is one in a particular cockpit it must be a facility implemented locally to the gauge. There's no way to access such things.

When the "BNK" button on the Learjet panel is pressed (no matter whether it turns on or off), it sends an "AP MAX BANK INC" control to FSX with a parameter of 1. What on Earth this is doing I've no idea. There's also an AP MAX BANK DEC control, but the Learjet panel never seems to send that. And the parameter is not used in either case.

FSUIPC4 does provide access to the Max Bank value -- offset 2E04, as documented. Watching that it seems to alternate between 14 and 27 degrees each time you click the Learjet 45 BNK button. Weird. I would assume that all that part is actually broken, but the fact that you appear to want to use it suggests otherwise. Can you clarify what is going on?

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete,

The offset at 2E04 was perfect. Like you say the value is either 14 or 27 depending if the BNK button is pressed or not.

The Learjet 45 Manual says that with Autopilot selected, the max bank angle is 27 Degrees but by selecting BNK it is reduced to 14 Degrees so that explains the values.

I can also confirm that pressing the BNK button does limit the bank angle to 14 Degrees so the button appears to function correctly.

Thanks again Pete and Happy New Year

Dave