The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS over a wireless network

G'day Pete :)

I've finally managed to network my two computers together over a wireless network and before I invest in WideFS I'd like to know whether there are any issues running it (WideFS) on a wireless network. I've been scrolling through the forums and have noted the importance of firewall activity. I already have a registered version of FSUIPC.

Cheers and all the best for the new year.

Tony

I've finally managed to network my two computers together over a wireless network and before I invest in WideFS I'd like to know whether there are any issues running it (WideFS) on a wireless network.

There is no difference as far as WideFS is concerned between wireless and wired. The key points are the same in both cases -- either no firewall (I use the firewall in my router for protection from outside my local network) or FS and WideClient, ports 8002 and 9002 allowed, and ideally all PCs in the same workgroup (otherwise the broadcasting doesn't work and you have to use explicit parameters to make the links).

Regards

Pete

Hello again, Pete,

not a technical issue but a registration issue this time. My original FSUIPC purchase was made (a long time ago) under a different email address than my WideFS purchase (having moved from Greece to Australia). On starting up FS9 and trying to register WideFS I get an error message about the key not being valid which I can only attribute to the differing email addresses.

Any way of fixing this little problem?

Cheers,

Tony

Mail on it's way...sorry, missed the pinned post on top.

My original FSUIPC purchase was made (a long time ago) under a different email address than my WideFS purchase (having moved from Greece to Australia). On starting up FS9 and trying to register WideFS I get an error message about the key not being valid which I can only attribute to the differing email addresses.Any way of fixing this little problem?

As stated clearly in the FSUIPC user documentation, in the section about registration, the name and address are used to identify you, uniquely, so you can't have FSUIPC and WideFS registered to two different people at the same time. SimMarket would have resolved this for you quicker than I -- especially if i was away on holiday or something -- as they deal with all matters to do with registration quite efficiently.

However, as you have already sent me the details (just received) I can make a new FSUIPC key to match your WideFS key. You will then have to delete the FSUIPC.KEY file from the FS Modules folder and re-register both.

Regards

Pete

• 9 years later...