The simFlight Network Forums

B737FPl

Hi,

I have this small problem with (registered) FSUIPC 3.85 and Boeing 737 Fuel Planner by Milan Puta.

Until 3.806 I had no problems, but with 3.85 I cannot read the payload from FS anymore. Funny thing is that if I install 3.85 and then replace it with 3.806, it's all working again.

According to Milan there's a key for the application: Program name : B737FPl

Enter key: 7KOS T0A7 X3LN.

Do I need to enter this somewhere?

Thanks,

Frank

I have this small problem with (registered) FSUIPC 3.85 and Boeing 737 Fuel Planner by Milan Puta.

Until 3.806 I had no problems, but with 3.85 I cannot read the payload from FS anymore. Funny thing is that if I install 3.85 and then replace it with 3.806, it's all working again.

Not much of a clue there I'm afraid. There were several major releases and many many incremental releases between those two.

Please first get the current increment so that you and I are looking at the same thing. Version 3.862, in the Updates announcement above.

Then, before running the fuel planner, please go to FSUIPC's options, find the Logging tab, and enable IPC Read logging. (I am hoping here that you don't have any other FSUIPC-using programs or aircraft running. If you do please stop them, and choose the default 737 first, otherwise the Log will get full of irrelevant material).

Run the fuel planner, get the problem, close it and FS, find the FSUIPC.LOG file (in the FS Modules folder), ZIP it up and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

It might be helpful to repeat exactly as above with 3.806 too, then I can compare them to see where the difference lies. Be sure to name the ZIPs appropriately, please.

According to Milan there's a key for the application: Program name : B737FPl

Enter key: 7KOS T0A7 X3LN.

Do I need to enter this somewhere?

No

Regards

Pete

Hi,

Until 3.806 I had no problems, but with 3.85 I cannot read the payload from FS anymore.

I've downloaded and tried this program. It looks to be very old, designed for FS2002 or before (but FS2002 and before provided no payload setting facilities -- folks had to fiddle it via fuel loadings).

Under FS9 it is reading the payload fine using 3.862 -- excepting that it only ever reads the first 5 payload stations, even though, for example, the default 737 declares 9 of them! I ran it using FSUIPC 3.802 (the closest I could find to 3.806) and it is exactly the same.

It doesn't seem a very useful option, reading the payload from FS, if it only reads some of the stations. If the author is still maintaining it perhaps you should write to him and ask for it to be fixed?

Anyway, on the original matter, I am now suspecting your User Registration for FSUIPC. Try removing the FSUIPC.KEY file from the FS Modules folder. If it then works okay, you have a bad key. Zip up the FSUIPC.KEY file and send that to me.

Regards

Pete

with 3.862 it worked again, so thanks for helping.

Well, except that it doesn't total up more than the first 5 payload stations. This is not enough for the default 737 in FS9 which has 9 stations. In order to use the fuel planner are you setting the other stations to zero payload?

I've written to the B373FPl author about this. Hopefully he will correct it soon. I wouldn't mind using this for my FSX 737. ;-)

Regards

Pete

I've written to the B373FPl author about this. Hopefully he will correct it soon. I wouldn't mind using this for my FSX 737. ;-)

The fixed 737 fuel planner, which reads the complete set of payloads from FS, is now available, thanks to quick work by its author.

Get version 1.5a from http://www.volny.cz/fs2002/B737FPL/B737FPL.htm

Regards

Pete