The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

Hi Pete

I have recently had to reinstall all software to my pc. I had the Saitek in FSX with FSUIPC4 all working fine so no need to fix what was not broken and I did not need to upgrade to the latest version. I have now installed all the FSX and SP's, along with v4.40. I am having a problem where the autopilot functions, i.e. Heading Hold, Speed Hold and Alt Hold all keep turning off randomly. Is there any known issues or do I need to go back to my last working version?

thanks as always,

Tony

I had the Saitek in FSX with FSUIPC4 all working fine so no need to fix what was not broken and I did not need to upgrade to the latest version. I have now installed all the FSX and SP's, along with v4.40. I am having a problem where the autopilot functions, i.e. Heading Hold, Speed Hold and Alt Hold all keep turning off randomly. Is there any known issues or do I need to go back to my last working version?

No different FSUIPC versions will help with random button operations. FSUIPC doesn't actually press buttons for you (though other programs can, through FSUIPC), so unless you are pressing them, something else is wrong. Possible causes would be faulty joystick, bad cable, lousy connection, USB problems on the motherboard, interrupt conflicts in Windows (though the latter should be almost impossible in WinXP and later -- it used to be a problem with Win98 and before).

Maybe some buttons are now assigned incorrectly and you are simply getting wrong things assigned to wrong actions, and this is confusing you? When you re-install Windows, or drivers, or re-connect USB devices, or update their drivers, the equivalence between the joystick devices and Windows' own numbering of them can change.

Why not enable FSUIPC's Button logging (options, Logging tab), and see what the log shows -- first without you pressing any buttons (to see if button presses are being received incorrectly), then to check that each button is doing the action you expect? The log will be in the FSX Modules folder. If you run FSX in Windowed mode (albeit temporarily) you can also enable the Console Log (in the Logging tab), which will allow you to immediately see on screen the entries placed in the log as you press the buttons.

The latest FSUIPC interim versions (in the Updates folder above) have facilities to make dealing with changes to joystick connections a lot easier, by assigning letters (A-Z, or your choice) to joystick devices by name, instead of using the Windows-assigned numerical ID directly. So you could do better with an update again rather than a retreat!

Regards

Pete

Hi all,

This pb is known, and i've got the same with my saitek

You must delete all assignments in FSX and/or FS2004 (mode Normal, slew and Axis), and configure all buttons/axis with fsuipc. After that you will not have phantom button on your yoke. The only button assign wtih normal fs mode is HatSwitch because i'dont know how to configure in fsuipc. Sorry for my bad english

Bons vols

DardiBond

The only button assign wtih normal fs mode is HatSwitch because i'dont know how to configure in fsuipc.

In FSUIPC4 (for FSX) you can assign it in the Axis assignments Tab to "Pan view". That should give you the same facility as the normal FSX assignment. Maybe not quite as smooth (FS doesn't have to use SimConnect), but pretty good.

Sorry, but in FSUIPC3 (for FS2004) this method isn't available.

Regards

Pete

Can't find the Pan View in Axis Assignments, there is however a Pan Heading, Pan Tilt and Pan Pitch.

It sounds like you are only looking at the drop-down list for "direct to FSUIPC calibration" assignments. "Pan view" is an FS control, and doesn't (can't be) calibrated in any case so it won't appear in that context.

Regards

Pete

phantom button is due to a bug into the yoke firmware. it's a known problem by saitek.

your have to send back the yoke to saitek for an exchange because this firmware cannot be update by software

if the 2 first digits of your yoke is inferior to 52 (ex: 49xxxxx), you propably have a faulty yoke.

i had the same problem, return my yoke and now, everything works fine.

don't hesitate because sometime, the problem doesn't appears for some hours but it always come back if you have such a yoke.

To Nirgal76

Hi there, you said "if the 2 first digits of your yoke is inferior to 52 (ex: 49xxxxx), you propably have a faulty yoke."

Where is that number located? I bought a yoke today. There is a number on the underneath of the yoke MO841219498 Is that the number I need to check?

Thanks and regards

Tony

New Zealand