The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with PMDG 747 Flaps FS9

I've started having problems with the flap lever for the PMDG 747 in FS9. It sounds like exactly the same problem another user has had, but in FSX:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=73202&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

It has only started after I installed the PMDG MD11, when, during it's installation, it installed the latest FSUIPC.dll for FS9 (v3.85).

Prior to this, I was using v3.82 with no problems.

I have gone back to using 3.82, and the issue is resolved, but using 3.85, the following happened:

Flap Lever Position.......747 Flap Setting

Up (min)...................Up

1............................Up

30 (max)...................25

I was unable to get to flap 30 without using the 2D panel. FSUIPC seemed to be workin g correctly - the flaps axis was sent to FSUIPC for callibration, and it was callibrated correctly. The OUT value would change for flaps 1, but the 747 didn't respond until the lever wwas put at flaps 5, when the 747 then moved flaps to 1.

If the axis was not callibrated, the full range was achievable, albeit in the wrong direction.

From reading the above post, it does seem like exactly the same problem, just with FS9.

-Phil

it installed the latest FSUIPC.dll for FS9 (v3.75).

Version 3.75 is very old now (over 18 months, and almost as many versions), and is not supported. The earliest supported version is 3.85, and there are later updates supplied in this Forum, in the Announcements above.

Please ensure you are using a supported version before asking for support. I really cannot deal with outdated versions. If you are not sure, please read the relevant Announcements in this Forum before posting.

Regards

Pete

I've started having problems with the flap lever for the PMDG 747 in FS9. It sounds like exactly the same problem another user has had, but in FSX:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=73202&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

From reading the above post, it does seem like exactly the same problem, just with FS9.

Can you do the same things for me, then, as John did. i.e. on the Logging tab in FSUIPC, right-hand side:

Monitor 0BDC as U16 for the flaps control, 0BE0 and 0BE4 for left and right flaps indicators, also U16. Set this to display in the FS (Advdisplay) window and in the Normal log you can see them in real time.

Note down the values you get showing for each flap detente.

It is very difficult to make sets of values to suit all add-ons. The formula I originally used was related to how FS itself interprets the values, and works for all defaults. However, those add-ons like PMDG, which implement their own flap operations, seem to have chosen different ranges. The only way I can make them work on all is to try to choose points which fall in the correct ranges in both, which is actually quite difficult in the the two outside detentes for PMDG.

Regards

Pete

It is very difficult to make sets of values to suit all add-ons ...

I've compared my code for Flaps in FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC3, and I can apply the changes I made in FSUIPC4 to FSUIPC3 too. Maybe these will be okay. I'll have to re-check on the defaults. I may have an update for you to try over the weekend.

Regards

Pete

I've compared my code for Flaps in FSUIPC4 and FSUIPC3, and I can apply the changes I made in FSUIPC4 to FSUIPC3 too. Maybe these will be okay. I'll have to re-check on the defaults. I may have an update for you to try over the weekend.

Please download FSUIPC 3.865 which I think now works okay for flap axis calibration on the PMDG aircraft.

Regards

Pete