The simFlight Network Forums

GPSOUT & IVAP

Dear Pete

I installed "GPSout.dll" on my the Flight simulator 2004 to test my Real GPS Garmin ( GPS PILOT III) and IVAP me hard but very little connected.

The FSUIPC version is FSUIPC 3.84

The IVAP version is IVAP 1.38

The GPSOUT version is GPSout 2.601

I wanted to know if you have any knowledge of this problem.

Many Thank

Cap. Alberto Marún

CEO CENTROCAS (http://www.centrocas.com)

I installed "GPSout.dll" on my the Flight simulator 2004 to test my Real GPS Garmin ( GPS PILOT III) and IVAP me hard but very little connected.

Sorry, I'm confused by this statement. What does "IVAP me hard" mean, and how does it relate to GPSout?

The FSUIPC version is FSUIPC 3.84

I'm afraid that's not a supported release. You should be on 3.85 or later if you want support. And I have no idea why you even mention IVAP. What has that got to do with GPSout or your Garmin?

I wanted to know if you have any knowledge of this problem.

Can you explain the problem in more detail. How is this Garmin GPS connected? USB or COM port? Have you disabled ActiveSync so that it's connection can be used by other programs? Do you even know for certain that it can receive external position data? If so have you put it into that mode? Is the data supposed to be in NMEA format (and if so what sentences), or Aviation (AV400) format? If neither, then GPSout cannot support that device.

Not many GPS devices will accept NMEA input for anything other than planning data. I have two Garmin GPSs and neither of them will do so. I've never heard of a Pilot III being usable with GPSout, so what makes you think it can be?

Regards

Pete