The simFlight Network Forums

Create own offsets

Hi!

I have just one question. Is it possible to create own offsets or are free offsets in fsuipc available to use in self-made programs. I want to link my io-card-system with a self-made program so that I can controll leds, sounds .... by own program. I found different offsets in the manual e.g. 5600 (25660) , 6640 (192), 6D00 (3712) and 8300 (11520). I think the values in brakets are the range? Is it possible to use these offsets?

Thank you

Andy

I have just one question. Is it possible to create own offsets or are free offsets in fsuipc available to use in self-made programs. I want to link my io-card-system with a self-made program so that I can controll leds, sounds .... by own program.

There is a specific area allocated for private use, free for anyone to use as they like. That is from 66C0 to 66FF (i.e. 64 bytes -- enough for 512 LEDs). If you've been poring through the manual I'm surprised you missed those.

If you wish to have offsets allocated specifically for use by a program which will be distributed to others then you need to work out your requirements properly and make an application. I will then assign an batch for your program, and document as so allocated internally.

I found different offsets in the manual e.g. 5600 (25660) , 6640 (192), 6D00 (3712) and 8300 (11520). I think the values in brakets are the range? Is it possible to use these offsets

What "manual" did you get those from? There are certainly none marked as free (except 64 bytes at 66C0 as I said) in any current edition of the offsets lists, either for FSX or before. And none of those 4 have been listed as even available on application for years! It looks as if you are referring to a version at least 4 years out of date! Please, if you are developing for FSUIPC, be sure to keep your SDK (and FSUIPC version) up to date!

Regards

Pete

There is a specific area allocated for private use, free for anyone to use as they like. That is from 66C0 to 66FF (i.e. 64 bytes -- enough for 512 LEDs). If you've been poring through the manual I'm surprised you missed those.
What "manual" did you get those from? There are certainly none marked as free (except 64 bytes at 66C0 as I said) in any current edition of the offsets lists, either for FSX or before. And none of those 4 have been listed as even available on application for years! It looks as if you are referring to a version at least 4 years out of date! Please, if you are developing for FSUIPC, be sure to keep your SDK (and FSUIPC version) up to date!

Thank you. I have looked in a very old list on projectmagenta website and didn't read the age of this list so I also didn't find the 66C0 - 66FF. I have the actual manual and I found the specific sites. - sorry.

If you wish to have offsets allocated specifically for use by a program which will be distributed to others then you need to work out your requirements properly and make an application. I will then assign an batch for your program, and document as so allocated internally.

At first just I want to use the software for my own, but good to know that there is the possibility to get offsets to make a selfcreated program public.

Thank you for helping.

Andy