The simFlight Network Forums

At last wit's end!!!

Dear Peter,

My goal is to get SB4 working so I can fly online w/ VatSim. FSX itself runs flawlessly. I would submit that I have installed FSUIPC correctly, though I'm not sure about WIdeServer/FS. On the inflight toolbar I have an Add-ons dropdown that lists solely FSUIPC. Within the FSUIPC options box I have checked the box "Enable WideFS." Now, on the top of the inflight window it displays "Waiting for clients." When I start WideClient on CPU #2 it connects and displays as such on both CPU's. Now here is when I run into trouble. When I open SB4 on either CPU and try to connect to VatSim it displays an error that tells me that FSX is not running. I have tried and tried, researched and researched, but to no avail. So, I beg for your help. Here is my system setup.

CPU #1

Vista Home Premium

FSX (SP1 and SP2 installed)

FSUIPC v 4.4 installed w/ WideServer7 (Valid keys for both)

SB4 installed

CPU #2

Vista Ultimate

WideFS v 6.78 installed

SB4 installed

Here, also, is a copy of the FSUIPC log file.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.40 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

User Name="Adam Somers"

User Addr="somers.adam@hotmail.com"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

Running inside FSX on Windows Vista (SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=255

407 System time = 20:33:02

954 FLT UNC path = "\\ADAM-PC\Flight Simulator X Files\"

954 FS UNC path = "\\ADAM-PC\Desktop Hard Drive\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

2969 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

2969 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

7875 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

7875 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

7875 FSUIPC Menu entry added

7969 \\ADAM-PC\Flight Simulator X Files\737.FLT

7969 \\ADAM-PC\Desktop Hard Drive\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\Boeing737-800.AIR

96016 Weather Mode now = Real World

851188 C:\Users\Adam\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Flight Plans\IFR Hartsfield - Jackson Atlanta I to Orlando Intl.PLN

909782 System time = 20:48:12, FSX time = 18:33:11 (23:33Z)

909985 Aircraft="Boeing 737-800 United Air"

925438 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

1748438 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 824 secs = 26.6 fps

1769782 C:\Users\Adam\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Flight Plans\IFR Hartsfield - Jackson Atlanta I to Orlando Intl.PLN

6442235 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 4628 secs = 11.4 fps

6442235 User aircraft crashed!

6472047 System time = 22:20:54, FSX time = 20:19:11 (01:19Z)

6472047 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 5453 secs = 13.7 fps

Memory managed: 2510 Allocs, 2510 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

If there is any more information that I can provide to help the cause, please let me know (Please note that while I am not a computer idiot, I am also no guru, so, if there is something more you need, please request it in the simplest way possible to assure that I get you the right file the first time.) Thanks so much for the help, I hope we can get this up and running.

aDAM

My goal is to get SB4 working so I can fly online w/ VatSim. FSX itself runs flawlessly. I would submit that I have installed FSUIPC correctly, though I'm not sure about WIdeServer/FS. On the inflight toolbar I have an Add-ons dropdown that lists solely FSUIPC. Within the FSUIPC options box I have checked the box "Enable WideFS." Now, on the top of the inflight window it displays "Waiting for clients." When I start WideClient on CPU #2 it connects and displays as such on both CPU's. Now here is when I run into trouble. When I open SB4 on either CPU and try to connect to VatSim it displays an error that tells me that FSX is not running. I have tried and tried, researched and researched, but to no avail.

I know for certain that SB4 does not use WideFS or FSUIPC for FSX. It is a SimConnect client. Surely it must say this some place in the SB4 documentation?

I know this because the very reason I do NOT use it is because, having moved away from FSUIPC, it no longer supports the offsets for the Transponder. I have requested facilities so that a cockpit transponder (in hardware) can be linked to SB4's operations.

Anyway, I'm afraid your problem is totally unrelated to any software of mine. Please check on the SquawkBox website, or read its documentation, or post on their Forum. I'm sure there must be help there some place?

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply Peter. I don't know what I'm going to do. So, what kind of programs use FSUIPC and/or WideFS? Since I bought them, I might as well get some use out of them. If you could recommend some addons that would be great and it would actually justify ever having bought them. Again, thanks for your help.

aDAM

P.S. The manual SB4 uses (at least at the time I downloaded it) is the same as SB3. I guess they were lazy and didn't write a new one with that one very important fact in it.

Thanks for the quick reply Peter. I don't know what I'm going to do. So, what kind of programs use FSUIPC and/or WideFS?

WideFS is merely a network extension of the FSUIPC interface, so anything which interfaces to FS via FSUIPC should work on a Network via WideFS. The ones which might not are those which need direct access to FS files -- but even those might if the FS folders were mapped or shared properly over the Network.

As for add-ons which use FSUIPC, I'm sorry but they are far too numerous for me to list, and I don't want to show any favouritism. There is a list of some on the right-hand side of the FSUIPC download page (www.schiratti.com/dowson), under "Software using FSUIPC", but I see it is very outdated now.

Anyway, many folks these days buy it so that they can use the facilities it provides in FS -- as documented in the User Guide. Purchase isn't necessary for most add-ons as the freeware ones are supported anyway, and the payware ones have paid-for licenses.

P.S. The manual SB4 uses (at least at the time I downloaded it) is the same as SB3. I guess they were lazy and didn't write a new one with that one very important fact in it.

Hmm. Is SB4 still a Beta release, or is it now considered fully-fledged? Maybe they're just a bit late putting it altogether?

Regards

Pete