The simFlight Network Forums

Joystick on WindeClient PC

Hi all,

I have a somewhat special configuration and I need to keep my joysticks on the NON FS PC, i.e. the one I run the WideClient. Is it possible to "send" via WideClient the Joystick axes to the Fs PC?

Thanks in advance

Yiannis

p.s I have noticed this post from 2003: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=13053&p=69031&hilit=joystick+on+wideclient#p69031 Of course my issue is not related to a "push to talk scenario" rather to a simple case of having 2 PCs where one is for FS and the other is "any other game". I just hate to have to crawl under the desk every so often to switch joysticks.

I have a somewhat special configuration and I need to keep my joysticks on the NON FS PC, i.e. the one I run the WideClient. Is it possible to "send" via WideClient the Joystick axes to the Fs PC?

No, only button presses. For good aircraft control the latency of joystick control over a Network is generally not good.

It would be easy enough for someone to write a program to do this, through WideFS, but I don't know of one.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you for the reply. So I guess from what you say, the "offsets" are there in FSUIPC and essentially I must "talk" to wideServer(?) or directly to FSUIPC by witting a second client/server application. Something that will read the Joysticks (myClient) send the numbers to the (myServer) and have the myServer talk to FSUIPC. Got it right?

Thanks again

Yiannis

So I guess from what you say, the "offsets" are there in FSUIPC and essentially I must "talk" to wideServer(?) or directly to FSUIPC by witting a second client/server application. Something that will read the Joysticks (myClient) send the numbers to the (myServer) and have the myServer talk to FSUIPC. Got it right?

Well not as complicated as you make it sound. Just an application program, a single EXE, which reads the joysticks and writes them, using the published FSUIPC interface, to the appropriate offsets. Then it will run on the same PC as FS or with wideclient on the client PC.

You can either directly write to the elevator, aileron, rudder and throttle offsets -- but then you'd need to do your own calibration before writing the properly scaled values -- or just send the values you read as FS controls, like AXIS AILERONS SET and so on, via Offset 3110. You write the value first, to 3114 then the control to 3110 (or both together in an 8 byte write). Then you should be able to calibrate in FSUIPC.

The numeric values for all the controls is provided in the Lists I publish -- one is installed in the Modules folder for FSX, otherwise you'd need to download one from the http://www.schiratti.com/dowson page.

Regards

Pete