The simFlight Network Forums

Steering tiller

Hi Pete, im calibrating my new steering tiller on the FSUIPC Axis Assignment tab, I press rescan and move the axis where I want to have the tiller. I can see the movement of the axis in the "IN" and "OUT" datafields, works perfectly, but when i go to joystick calibration window, in the firts main flight controls (of 11) where the throttle calibrates seem to be a problem because it also recognize the steering pot as a throttle, and when i try to use the steering control during a taxi (making a right or left movement) the engines acelerate like if i move the throttle for engine power, but also it moves the rudder, i think is like having a configuratom problem because the program recognizes the potentiometer for s tiller and Throttle.

i use the PFC throttle jet liner console and the TQ, reverser, speed brake is configure by its own software, any ideas to solve this??

Thaks for your time

JC

im calibrating my new steering tiller on the FSUIPC Axis Assignment tab, I press rescan and move the axis where I want to have the tiller. I can see the movement of the axis in the "IN" and "OUT" datafields, works perfectly, but when i go to joystick calibration window, in the firts main flight controls (of 11) where the throttle calibrates seem to be a problem because it also recognize the steering pot as a throttle, and when i try to use the steering control during a taxi (making a right or left movement) the engines acelerate like if i move the throttle for engine power, but also it moves the rudder, i think is like having a configuratom problem because the program recognizes the potentiometer for s tiller and Throttle.

It sounds exactly as if you have dual assignments. Have you disabled the joystick(s) in FS?

i use the PFC throttle jet liner console and the TQ, reverser, speed brake is configure by its own software, any ideas to solve this??

Yes. Why on Earth are you using FSUIPC's assignments for such things when you can use the PFC driver I provide for everything on the Jetliner console, as I do?

If you do use FSUIPC, you MUST disable the PFC driver's actions for the same axes, otherwise its assignments will also be operating!

Pete

It sounds exactly as if you have dual assignments. Have you disabled the joystick(s) in FS?

That was it, solved......

Yes. Why on Earth are you using FSUIPC's assignments for such things when you can use the PFC driver I provide for everything on the Jetliner console, as I do?

If you do use FSUIPC, you MUST disable the PFC driver's actions for the same axes, otherwise its assignments will also be operating!

i use the driver provided by you for the PFC console, the FSUIPC is not used for the assignmets of the console

Problem solved, thanks for your time and patience, everyday i learn something new about your awesome program, tks.

• 5 months later...
I do not understand how to disable the joystick in FS9.

It's a normal FS option, easily found if you look, and you don't need to look far at all: go the the normal (flight mode) FS menu: Select Options, then Controls, then Disable Joystick ...

Pete

Pete,

I tried it but it did not work. Even with the joystick disabled, when I move the tiller wheel on the fsuipc page 9 of 11 nothing moves in fsuipc. Previously in axis assigment page I did rescan and the pot was working nice.

To make it most complicated, I have 2 USBAxes iocards with 5 pots on each. So I do not want to disable one Iocard because I have some actions (pots) like aileron, elevators etc that I activate via FS9.

Any idea?

Thank you,

Pete,

I tried it but it did not work. Even with the joystick disabled, when I move the tiller wheel on the fsuipc page 9 of 11 nothing moves in fsuipc.

disabling joysticks in FS is nothing whatsoever to do with that. Have you actually ASSIGNED the steering tiller in FSUIPC, for direct action by FSUIPC calibration. And the rudder too? Then calibrated each of them?

To make it most complicated, I have 2 USBAxes iocards with 5 pots on each. So I do not want to disable one Iocard because I have some actions (pots) like aileron, elevators etc that I activate via FS9.

Sorry, i cannot work out your configuration for you. There are too many possibilities. most folks find it best either to do everything via FS or everything via FSUIPC. Your choice. Yuo should never need to disable anything in FSUIPC -- it assumes nothing you don't set.

Pete

HI ,

Everything is absolutly perfect now...!

First and important recalibrate every axis via Windows...

Once done disable all joysticks in FS...

Then in FSUIPC all adjustments will work like a charme if you follow these three steps!

Thank you Pete and Ian!