The simFlight Network Forums

Different registration names. A problem?

High Peter,

My name is Michael Mair. Under this name I purchased and registered FSUIPC.

Meanwhiles I have reached two academic titles, and when I purchesed WIDEFS I did not take care, that my name was including the titles.

I registered WIDEFS under Michael Mair, MSc MAS.

When I do register both registration program does not report any error. But when I go to FSUIPC in FSX I get the info, that I should use the installer to register FSUIPC. And I cannot configure FSUIPC.

With FSCommander 8.4 I get connection, but it is impossible fpr me to connect ActiveSky Advanced from HIFI SIM. I always get the error, that sdk service packs are not installed.

So my questions:

1) What is the problem, that I can not configure FSUIPC? My two names? Or anything else?

2) Perhaps you can give me detailed instructions how to connect ActiveSky Advanced to my FSX. They should be that detailed, that every idiot can understand them, because sitting now two days in front of the PC, I became an idiot.

3) Any other support (Links, pdfs, ...) for better understanding of simconnect, if it is needed for my problem!

Thanks a lot from an academic idiot!

Best regards from Vienna, Austria!

OE-MM1

High Peter,

My name is Michael Mair. Under this name I purchased and registered FSUIPC.

Meanwhiles I have reached two academic titles, and when I purchesed WIDEFS I did not take care, that my name was including the titles.

I registered WIDEFS under Michael Mair, MSc MAS.

The name and address (email or street, it doesn't matter) with which you purchased the key identifies you as the owner of they key. There cannot be two different owners, one for WideFS and one for FSUIPC in use at the same time. It does point out in the user guide that you need to use the same details.

With FSCommander 8.4 I get connection, but it is impossible fpr me to connect ActiveSky Advanced from HIFI SIM. I always get the error, that sdk service packs are not installed.

Active Sky Advanced does not use FSUIPC at all for FSX connection, so any problem you have with that is completely unrelated. You need to deal with HiFi Simulation on that -- probably it needs at least FSX SP1 installed and you haven't updated your installation?

1) What is the problem, that I can not configure FSUIPC? My two names? Or anything else?

Yes. you need to get one of your keys changed to match the name/address for the other. Go to SimMarket and raise a problem ticket and explain to them your mistake and what you wish to do about it.

2) Perhaps you can give me detailed instructions how to connect ActiveSky Advanced to my FSX. They should be that detailed, that every idiot can understand them, because sitting now two days in front of the PC, I became an idiot.

Sorry, ASA is a HiFi Simulation product and it is their job to support it. I do really have enough to do supporting my own programs! I'm sure you understand?

Regards

Pete