The simFlight Network Forums

I can't use FSUIPC from my gauge in FSX!

Please help!

I have a GAU file which reads offsets in FSUIPC (to determine whether or not sounds should be played - 0x0B20 and 0x0B24 are both checked, along with another I've forgotten for now), and although the code works in FS2004, in FSX the FSUIPC_Read statements always fill the variables with zeros (although they do return TRUE, so there's no obvious error code to check). I have three FSUIPC_Read statements() followed by an FSUIPC_Process().

I've tried using both FSUIPC_Open() and FSUIPC_Open2() to initialize FSUIPC, but neither works. I've also confirmed that I can read the offsets in FSInterrogator, so it must be my gauge that's the problem.

Any ideas?

I have a GAU file which reads offsets in FSUIPC (to determine whether or not sounds should be played - 0x0B20 and 0x0B24 are both checked, along with another I've forgotten for now), and although the code works in FS2004, in FSX the FSUIPC_Read statements always fill the variables with zeros (although they do return TRUE, so there's no obvious error code to check). I have three FSUIPC_Read statements() followed by an FSUIPC_Process().

I've tried using both FSUIPC_Open() and FSUIPC_Open2() to initialize FSUIPC, but neither works. I've also confirmed that I can read the offsets in FSInterrogator, so it must be my gauge that's the problem.

First off, never use FSUIPC_Open() when inside the FS process -- the shared memory area will be shared by all such callers and they'd corrupt each other. Only use FSUIPC_Open2(), and supply the memory area for the exchanges your self.

Apart from that, I'm sorry, but I've no idea why you aren't getting the information. I'd need to know more, like:

1. Version of FSUIPC4 (always needed)? If not the very latest (4.435), try that first).

2. Log results? Go to the Logging tab in FSUIPC options -- enable IPC Read logging, get your problem, close FSX, show me the FSUIPC4.LOG file.

Regards

Pete