The simFlight Network Forums

setting up widefs on two computers

Hello there

I am trying to set up and network using two computers for FS9.

I am going to use flight sim commander on the "slave computer" which is running on XP. I have a registered copy of Fsiupc and widefs on my flight computer, which is running Vista. It has the UAC checked for on. The computers are networked inso much as you can access one computer from the other and get into fs9 from the slave. The network drives say the same thing on both computers. (Y:\\ ALPINEPC\flight simulator 9). How do l get widefs d.ll and exe or what ever on to my slave computer? Do l download another copy of widefs or what? And were do l find dll and exe in it? Flight sim when running says "waiting for a client." If you could explain it step by step like l am stupid(Because l probably am) l would be grateful. I read the instructions on the widefs download and didnt understand them.(Told you l was stupid)

Yours pulling my hairout in frustration

Carl Vokes

How do l get widefs d.ll and exe or what ever on to my slave computer? Do l download another copy of widefs or what? And were do l find dll and exe in it?

The only part of WideFS which goes on the client PC is the oddly named WIDECLIENT.EXE. It shouldn't really be that confusing when it is named like that? The part of WideFS which stays where it is, on the Server, is WideServer.DLL -- that's included inside FSUIPC4 for FSX, but inserted into the FS Modules folder for FS9 or before.

You seem to have got the Server running, so all you need to do is put the WideClient.exe program on your client PC, and run it. The Client is provided along with all the WideFS documentation in the downloadable file called "WideFS.zip". The names of the files surely suggest that they might contain what you need?

It should have been easy enough to get that far from the first few sections of the WideFS User Guide, surely? If you can't read English perhaps you can get help with translation?

Regards

ete

Thanks Peter.

I will have a go at that.

I can read english quit well. Born in the Uk and lived in the West Midlands for 54 years. Its just l dont get computer speak very well and all the gubins that goes on behind it baffles me. Prefer just to fly. Give me an diesel engine any day.

Thanks again Peter.

Carl Vokes