The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC does not connect to FS

Hi!

I've recenty faced a problem with FSUIPC not working on my FSX. I had some problems with my sim(it would never launch) and created a new administrator account. However, the "Modules" tag has dissapeared on the upper menu inside the sim. After I've re-installed FSX completely and installed the fresh version (4.40) it would not seem to work either. As far as I am concerned there should be a pop-up window asking to confirm whether I want to run FSUIPC on my PC or not during the first launch of FSX after installing FSUIPC. But nothing appears. I tried launching FSX under my main account and I also tried running it with my KIS 7 turned off, but neither did help me... The install log seems to be OK:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.40

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

SetupPath="D:\games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61472.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Okay, Probe Manifest matches installed SimConnect 60905 (Original)

Found later build SimConnect 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found later build SimConnect 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

D:\games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... No previous valid version found.

FSX Modules folder created okay!

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "D:\games\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Flight Sim\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\eXe\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\eXe\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Flight Sim\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Flight Sim\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... There is a SimConnect.XML, checking for "local" section.

... "local" section already exists, file not modified.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix programno longer relevant

All installer tasks completed okay!

Registration offers were declined

*************** End of Install Log ***************

What may solve the issue? I hope we will find a solution, cos I really want WX radar to work on my Wilco 737, which seems to need FSUIPC.

Regards,

Alex

I've recenty faced a problem with FSUIPC not working on my FSX. I had some problems with my sim(it would never launch) and created a new administrator account. However, the "Modules" tag has dissapeared on the upper menu inside the sim.

FSX doesn't get a "Modules" tag. All SimConnect clients with menu entries go in the Add-Ons menu.

As far as I am concerned there should be a pop-up window asking to confirm whether I want to run FSUIPC on my PC or not during the first launch of FSX after installing FSUIPC.

That shouldn't be re-occurring once you've said you trust programs signed by the publisher, Peter L. Dowson in this case. It only happens every time with unsigned software. All my programs are properly signed.

The install log is fine. If FSUIPC4 isn't showing in the Add-Ons menu (go and look), then see if there's an FSUIPC4.LOG file. If there is, show it to me. If not then you probably have a corrupt SimConnect installation.

What may solve the issue?

On the face of it you seem a little confused about what FSUIPC4 does in FSX. Please re-check.

Regards

Pete

FSX doesn't get a "Modules" tag. All SimConnect clients with menu entries go in the Add-Ons menu.

Yes, I have mixed up the words, but it doesn't matter that much as there is nothing showing up :D

That shouldn't be re-occurring once you've said you trust programs signed by the publisher, Peter L. Dowson in this case. It only happens every time with unsigned software. All my programs are properly signed.

I meant the first launch of FS after installing FSUIPC. I've read the manual, that installs to the "Modules" folder :) I actually never address my problems anywhere before trying to find a solution myself

The install log is fine. If FSUIPC4 isn't showing in the Add-Ons menu (go and look), then see if there's an FSUIPC4.LOG file. If there is, show it to me. If not then you probably have a corrupt SimConnect installation.

I guess I have a corrupted SimConnect installation, because I can't find the FSUIPC4.LOG file. I'll try to re-install it and see if that helps. Should that file appear in the "Modules" folder aswell?

On the face of it you seem a little confused about what FSUIPC4 does in FSX. Please re-check.

I am not sure about the WX radar, but when I had it on my running copy of FSX, the radar was working just fine. Maybe that's because of SimConnect. By the way, can the sequence of installation affect FSUIPC? I mean in case if I install FSX, then SP2, then some add-on aircrafts and only afterwards run FSUIPC installation may that lead to such problems?

Regards,

Alex

I meant the first launch of FS after installing FSUIPC.

It makes no odds. You will get that prompt on the very first time you ever use any of my software, but if you then use the recommended choice odf saying you trust me as publisher, you don't get prompted again.

Perhaps you didn't.

I guess I have a corrupted SimConnect installation, because I can't find the FSUIPC4.LOG file. I'll try to re-install it and see if that helps.

Re-install what? Re-installing FSUIPC won't make any difference. If you've been attempting to uninstall and reinstall FSX, that can make a mess of SimConnect -- in fact it seems to be the main cause of all such problems.

can the sequence of installation affect FSUIPC? I mean in case if I install FSX, then SP2, then some add-on aircrafts and only afterwards run FSUIPC installation may that lead to such problems?

No, but you should certainly not try to install SP2 without installing SP1 first, and I've seen folks state that things can get messy if you don't run FSX between each update.

However, I doubt if any of that affects the state of SimConnect as much as whatever you did BEFORE trying to install. How did you proceed with the uninstall? I don't think FSX's uninstaller does it very well. It leaves bits and pieces about, and can easily mess up the SimConnect it leaves behind.

Regards

Pete

Perhaps you didn't.

Exactly! I don't get any messages when running FSX for the first time after installing FSUIPC.

No, but you should certainly not try to install SP2 without installing SP1 first

I have a Russian edition of FSX, which has SP1 pre-installed :)

How did you proceed with the uninstall? I don't think FSX's uninstaller does it very well. It leaves bits and pieces about, and can easily mess up the SimConnect it leaves behind.

I did it according to your recommendations posted here: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58095, but that didn't help :( I guess I'll have to try installing FS under my main account on PC

The other clue may be that I've installed FS for one user only, but that sounds a bit irrational, of course...

The other clue may be that I've installed FS for one user only, but that sounds a bit irrational, of course...

Well FSUIPC does install itself for all users who have FSX.CFG files (another reason you must run FSX before installing).

According to the Install log you posted you have installed FSX for users called "eXe" and "Flight Sim". THese names are from the Log-on name parts of these paths:

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\eXe\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Flight Sim\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"!

If you are trying to run FSX from a different LogOn name than these two, FSUIPC4 won't get loaded by SimConnect.

Regards

Pete

I have no other accounts rather than eXe and Flight Sim. But that doesn't matter now, as I have successfully installed FSUIPC! :D The last clue I wrote about did help. I used my main account eXe and everything seems to work perfectly, whereas my "Flight Sim" FSX doesn't recognize any FSUIPC modules installed... That is quite a tricky issue, which I cannot explain at all.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,

Alex

I have no other accounts rather than eXe and Flight Sim. But that doesn't matter now, as I have successfully installed FSUIPC!

Good! Well done!

I used my main account eXe and everything seems to work perfectly, whereas my "Flight Sim" FSX doesn't recognize any FSUIPC modules installed... That is quite a tricky issue, which I cannot explain at all.

Well the installer log showed it did install correctly -- you might want to check the DLL.XML file in the Flight Sim user location (see the path for the FSX.CFG I gave). Did you install anything else after FSUIPC? Maybe something else has edited the DLL.XML file and made a mess of it?

Regards

Pete

Well the installer log showed it did install correctly -- you might want to check the DLL.XML file in the Flight Sim user location (see the path for the FSX.CFG I gave). Did you install anything else after FSUIPC? Maybe something else has edited the DLL.XML file and made a mess of it?

That's right! DLL.XML is missing on my Flight Sim account. I only ran Wilco installation after FSUIPC, but something must have corrupted it. Can I just copy it now?

That's right! DLL.XML is missing on my Flight Sim account. I only ran Wilco installation after FSUIPC, but something must have corrupted it. Can I just copy it now?

Yes, you can.

Regards

Pete