The simFlight Network Forums

Axis question

Hello Pete,

you recieved my fsuipc.ini from Bart from FlightDeckSoftware. I deleted fsuipc.ini and the problem is 50% resolved. I have a problem with my throttle axis :

I have the throttles from Saitek, the pro flight yoke. The throttle axis goes from -16384 to 16384 and in the center 0. But, the problem is, under 0, it activates the reverse thrust. So I only have from 50% to 100% for my throttles and under the 50%, it's the reverse thrust. My question is, is it possible to have with my axis from 0 to 16384 and not have the négative numbers as output ?

Thanks,

Maxime.

I have the throttles from Saitek, the pro flight yoke. The throttle axis goes from -16384 to 16384 and in the center 0. But, the problem is, under 0, it activates the reverse thrust. So I only have from 50% to 100% for my throttles and under the 50%, it's the reverse thrust. My question is, is it possible to have with my axis from 0 to 16384 and not have the négative numbers as output ?

How are you assigning the throttle? The INI file you sent shows you are not using FSUIPC for it, and if you assign it to the normal throttles in FS itself you get no reverse thrust zone - FS itself treats -16384 as ildle and +16384 as max thrust. Only the old FS98-style FS axis controls provide reverse thrust for negative values, and you can't assign to those controls in FS itself.

If you are now assigning or calibrating in FSUIPC, then the single throttle for all engines calibration on page 1 of the Joysticks tab (the page with the aileron and elevator and rudder too), then that provides no reverse either. The only reverse thrust throttle facility in on page 3, the 4-throttle page, and if you are using the latest update version of FSUIPC (from the Updates announcement above), you can opt for a "no reverse zone" operation there, too, via a checkbox. Otherwise you'd have to calibrate with the max reverse and idle zone coinciding.

Regards

Pete