The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC.INI not Updating

R2M1

I noticed with the lastest beta DLLs If you uncheck or check something or change anything it is not taking when you close out of the interface. If I use 4.40 all is fine, it seems only happening with the latest versions. However if I start from scratch the new entrys are added. Joystick stuff etc. So not sure what is going on. I can edit the ini to change things but would rather use the interface.

I noticed with the lastest beta DLLs If you uncheck or check something or change anything it is not taking when you close out of the interface. If I use 4.40 all is fine, it seems only happening with the latest versions. However if I start from scratch the new entrys are added. Joystick stuff etc. So not sure what is going on. I can edit the ini to change things but would rather use the interface.

I fixed some bugs in the "latest beta DLLs" yesterday. Unless you can tell me the actual version numbers of the DLLs you are referring to, I can't really use your comment at all I'm afraid. Please please ALWAYS give version numbers. There have been 4 updates this week alone for one thing or another!

I also need specific examples of things you say aren't recording. Everything I change records fine. I need to be able to reproduce what you see, and i can't do that by guesswork. Sorry.

Pete

Sorry about that. it's happining on 4436, 4437 and now 4438. Things like check or uncheck the Wind Smoothing or changing the MagicBattery value. If I remove the ini file and start FSX and set all the values and then look at the ini the [general] list does not populate. It looks like they do in the interface but if you look at the ini nothing changes. It does not happen with 4400

Sorry about that. it's happining on 4436, 4437 and now 4438. Things like check or uncheck the Wind Smoothing or changing the MagicBattery value. If I remove the ini file and start FSX and set all the values and then look at the ini the [general] list does not populate. It looks like they do in the interface but if you look at the ini nothing changes. It does not happen with 4400

Hmm. That's very strange.

I'll check it out here. I'm not aware of making any changes in that section, only in the Axes, Buttons and JoystickCalibration sections.

Later ...

Pete

I'll check it out here.

Okay. Very silly mistake earlier this week. Very sorry. Please get version 4.439 now in the Updates section.

I'm making a new full release later this coming week, to version 4.50. That'll have updated documentation and hopefully the SDK updated too. Still working on that.

Thanks for the report.

Regards

Pete