The simFlight Network Forums

How to stop/reset the GC Chronometer (PM)

I'm trying to stop/rest the GC Chronometer but I don't know how. I readed all the FSUIPC Adv Manual and I know I have to use Offsets (2999,62), but is not totally clear to me. Could you give me an example? what file I have to modify...

Is it possible to press a Key in FSX to STOP/REST the Chronometer and see the changes in PM?

Thanks in advance,

Nacho

I'm trying to stop/rest the GC Chronometer but I don't know how. I readed all the FSUIPC Adv Manual and I know I have to use Offsets (2999,62), but is not totally clear to me. Could you give me an example? what file I have to modify...

Project Magenta has a chronometer in the GC package? Hmm. Interesting. I didn't know that -- where would I see it?

I suspect you are a bit mixed up when you talk about "offsets 2999,62". There are no such things usable for anything like that. Offset hex 2999 is in the middle of the Hot Key table in FSUIPC. 62 is in the middle of the start-up flight name. Neither should be accessed directly using those addresses.

Maybe you refer to FSUIPC control number 2999 with a parameter of 62? They are listed in the FSUIPC Advanced User's Guide, but I suspect my list is out of date. However, I do see 62 listed as the correct parameter to Set/Reset a Timer in the airbus GCthat might explain why I've not seen it as I use the Boeing set.

Where do you get the idea that the numbers you refer to are anything to do with "offsets"?

Is it possible to press a Key in FSX to STOP/REST the Chronometer and see the changes in PM?

If that control works, and it is referring to the timer you want, yes. If it doesn't you'll need to ask PM support about it. None of those controls are dealt with by my software, they are just picked up by PM. You can assign the control to any Button or Keypress in FSUIPC, in the normal way -- have you looked at the FSUIPC user guide at all? Check the Buttons or Keys section, as you wish. The control is called PM GC controls, as it says. The 62 would be the parameter you have to enter, in the space marked "parameter".

Pete

Hi Pete first of all thank you very much for your fast response !!!

I'm using also the 737 Glass Cockpit. Youn can activate the Chronometer presing ESC/Other settings/Show Chronometer

All the information I readed about this, comes from this link: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5628

I've assigned the control to a Keypress in FSUIPC, but it doesn´t work. As you can see in the previous lik attached the parameter aparently is also valid for 737, but don´t know how. If I discover how to stop/rest the chrono I´ll share with you.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Nacho

I'm using also the 737 Glass Cockpit. Youn can activate the Chronometer presing ESC/Other settings/Show Chronometer

Oh, right? And where does that show? On a real 737 there are separate chronometers, one each side of the main instrument panel. I'm not aware of any in the PFD, ND or EICAS, which is all I have being driven by the PM GC software.

I've assigned the control to a Keypress in FSUIPC, but it doesn´t work.

Do you mean that it "doesn't work" in the sense that 62 is not being written to the PM GC Controls offset at 04F0, which is the trigger for PM's module, or that the key assigned is doing what it is supposed to do, but PM isn't responding?

You can check that 62 is being written by using FSUIPC's monitor facilities -- right-hand side of the Logging tab. Enter 04F0 for the offset, and select U16 for the type. Check "to normal log" below. Ok out. Press your key, check the log.

Personally I'm inclined to believe that the reason it "doesn't work" is that it is only applicable to the Airbus. After all it does explicitly say this in the PM offsets list currently on the PM website, so that hasn't changed since I listed it so in the FSUIPC documentation. However, maybe it is just that you are not assigning the corect control in your FSUIPC interaction. If you want me to check the assignment, show me the entry in your FSUIPC INI file.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete here is the INI file and lof file see atached file also just in case...

Here is the content of FSUIPC.INI

[General]

History=WIKMQY6WAE6DRSZJN6ZKF

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

WeatherReadFactor=2

WeatherRewriteSeconds=1

CustomWeatherModify=No

SimConnectStallTime=1

ConsoleWindow=82,119,759,536

Console=No

MouseWheelTrim=No

MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1

FixControlAccel=No

FixMachSpeedBug=No

VisibilityOptions=No

OneCloudLayer=No

CloudTurbulence=No

CloudIcing=No

GenerateCirrus=No

SuppressCloudTurbulence=No

MaxIce=-4

MinIce=-4

UpperWindGusts=No

SuppressWindTurbulence=No

SuppressWindVariance=No

WindTurbulence=No

TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0

TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40

SuppressAllGusts=No

MaxSurfaceWind=0

WindLimitLevel=200

WindDiscardLevel=400

WindAjustAltitude=No

WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000

WindSmoothing=No

WindSmoothness=2

WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes

PressureSmoothness=0

TemperatureSmoothness=0

DisconnTrimForAP=No

ZeroElevForAPAlt=No

ThrottleSyncAll=No

WhiteMessages=No

ShowPMcontrols=Yes

SpoilerIncrement=512

MagicBattery=No

RudderSpikeRemoval=No

ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No

AileronSpikeRemoval=No

ReversedElevatorTrim=No

ClockSync=No

ClockSyncMins=5

ClearWeatherDynamics=No

OwnWeatherChanges=Yes

TimeForSelect=4

LoadFlightMenu=No

LoadPlanMenu=No

PauseAfterCrash=No

SaveDataWithFlights=No

ZapSound=firework

ShortAircraftNameOk=No

[WideServer]

WideFSenabled=Yes

AdvertiseService=1

Port=8002

Port2=9002

[GPSout]

Port=

Speed=4800

Interval=1000

PosTo6Decimal=Yes

Sentences=

GPSoutEnabled=No

[AutoSave]

AutoSaveEnabled=No

[ClientNames]

1=TEST1

[Keys]

9=76,10,2999,62

[Monitor]

Monitor0=0,04F0,3,0

Display=1

Hre is the log

thanks in advance

Nacho

post-30812-12868966496_thumb.jpg

Sorry I've missed the log file:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.40 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

User Name="Hidden just in case :-)"

User Addr="nachodp@hotmail.com"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

Running inside FSX on Windows Vista (SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=255

31 System time = 00:15:03

31 FLT UNC path = "C:\Users\Nacho\Documents\Archivos de Flight Simulator X\"

93 FS UNC path = "\\NACHO-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1388 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

1388 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

3572 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

3572 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

3572 FSUIPC Menu entry added

3619 \\NACHO-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT

3635 \\NACHO-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR

125066 \\NACHO-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\Boeing737-800.AIR

185157 System time = 00:18:08, FSX time = 09:15:08 (08:15Z)

185376 Aircraft="Boeing 737-800 Paint1"

188355 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

496676 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 312 secs = 12.0 fps

679275 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 55 secs = 13.8 fps

761659 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 39 secs = 12.0 fps

[Log closed by user request, and continued in new file]

796042 System time = 00:28:19, FSX time = 09:21:21 (08:21Z)

796042 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 422 secs = 12.2 fps

Memory managed: 620 Allocs, 500 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

Hi Pete here is the INI file and lof file see atached file also just in case...

Well the only relevant bit I see is the 9=76,10,2999,62 line.

The log file you appended separately doesn't appear to be at all relevant. Why did you press the button to start a new log, as indicated by this?

[Log closed by user request, and continued in new file]

Maybe, by creating separate log files you got hold of the wrong one? Really it is best not to go around pressing buttons for no good reason. You should really just set the options as suggested.

Anyway, I apologise -- the offset affected is 04F4 not 04F0, as a quick visit to the PM website confirms, so you should monitor that, not 04F0. And you can look inside the log file (the ONE log file, not multiple please!) yourself to see what is going on.

Here, I've enabled 04F4 monitoring (as U16 type), and also enabled Button and Key logging (one of the checkboxes on the left side of the Logging tab) so you can see clearly what happens. This is without PM running. I'm afraid my PM cockpit is not powered up at present. I assigned Key press Shift 1::

• 605641 KEYDOWN: VK=16, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=1
    605641 .. Key not programmed -- passed on to FS
    606078 KEYDOWN: VK=49, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=1
    606078 FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=2999, Param=62
    606078 PM request: 04F4 value 62: Queued (entry 4)
    606078 .. This key is programmed in FSUIPC4 'Keys' options
    606141 PM sent from Q: 04F4 set to 0x003E
    606141 Monitor IPC:04F4 (U16) = 1062

A word of explanation there -- the value 62 is written with 1000 added. Alternately FSUIPC adds 1000 or 2000, so that the value is seen to change each time by PM even though you request the same thing. Otherwise toggling wouldn't work. You don't need to worry about that -- FSUIPC does this automatically.

So, the next time I press my key:

• 606235 KEYUP: VK=49, Waiting=0
    607266 KEYDOWN: VK=49, Waiting=0, Repeat=N, Shifts=1
    607266 FSUIPC Control Action: Ctrl=2999, Param=62
    607266 PM request: 04F4 value 62: Queued (entry 5)
    607266 .. This key is programmed in FSUIPC4 'Keys' options
    607344 PM sent from Q: 04F4 set to 0x003E
    607344 Monitor IPC:04F4 (U16) = 2062

I get 2062 in 04F4.

Did you check the notes about this GC controls facility on the PM website? I just did. Here, read this:

Sending 100+(value) controls First Officer Display (e.g. 170 enables weather on Copilot ND)

Only last three digits are used, you can use the thousands to indicate the key has been pressed again (state change), i.e. 2150 and 5150 do the same

Okay. Now the second part is what FSUIPC is doing -- using the thousands to indicate a change. But what about the first? Maybe you are looking at the FO's display but changing the Captain's one? You'd need to send 162 for the FO side.

Also read this, from the same place:

Please note, these commands go directly to the Glass Cockpit, if you do not want the MCP or FCU to override them, then please use the MCP commands in 0x4F2 or 0x5520.

Might this be applicable to your situation? I really don't know what overrides there may be (but then I didn't know PM provided a timer for Boeing, nor even where it is displayed -- you never said!). However, I also don't see any other reference to the timer except to the Airbus one which is the 62 in 04F4.

After you check your key is doing what mine is doing, I feel you really do need to seek help with PM. Or maybe first over at the PM Forum.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, you are a genius :-)

That was the key : "...You'd need to send 162 for the FO side..." that's what I did, I used 162 as a parameter and all worked fine :-))

Now I can stop/start/reset the timer.

Pete wrote: Oh, it shares the PFD screen? Or is it independently movable?

Yes the timer shares the PFD screen only.

Thank you very much for your help

Nacho