The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with FSUIPC4440 and Sim Connect

Hello to everyone!

I'm currectly running FSX de luxe with SP1. I tried to install FSUIPC 4.440 but I get this message:

Checking compatibility with installed Sim Connect..

Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base Sim Connect needed to load FSUIPC 4!

Found later build Sim connect 61242 (SP1 May07)

and it will not continue with the installation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

JC

Hello to everyone!

I'm currectly running FSX de luxe with SP1. I tried to install FSUIPC 4.440 but I get this message

Checking compatibility with installed Sim Connect..

Probe Manifest fails to match a valid base Sim Connect needed to load FSUIPC 4!

Found later build Sim connect 61242 (SP1 May07)

I assume you mean 4.40. There's no installer for intermediate versions like 4.440.

The error definitely means that your SimConnect installation is in a bit of a mess --

and it will not continue with the installation.

Really? Is there no Modules folder in FSX with FSUIPC4.DLL in it?

Show me the Install Log please -- if it isn't being saved in the Modules folder you'll need to save the screen copy via its own menu.

The next version of FSUIPC (4.50) due to be released before the weekend, is more flexible, in that it will work even with a broken base SimConnect -- all it needs is one working version of SimConnect, any version. I had to work on making that happen so I could have one module for both ESP and FSX.

However, if you don't fix it (repair SimConnect) it may well mean you will run into trouble with other SimConnect add-ons also needing the base version. If this doesn't bother you, either wait a couple of days for FSUIPC 4.50 or, if you do actually have a Modules folder with FSUIPC4.DLL in it, try replacing that DLL with the latest interim update for FSUIPC4 which you will find in the Updates announcement at the top of this Forum.

If you want to try repairing SimConnect you'll need to see the FSX Help announcement above. But I'd recommend you do the above things first.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete!

Thanks for your answer. I solved the problem uninstalling FSX, deleting manually all SimConnect files in WinSxS, reinstalling FSX de Luxe, installing FSUIPC4 (at this point I tested it with FSBuilderX and Airport Design Editor and they worked OK with FSX) and finally installing SP1. I can not be certain but i think that the problem was that some old SimConnect files from previous FSX installations remained in WinSxS. In any case, it is working now.

Best Regards,

JC