The simFlight Network Forums

Disable Rudder Axis FS9

Hi Peter,

I wonder if you could help with a little problem I`m having, I basically want to disable the rudder axis using an FSUIPC offset if possible rather than an option within the FS9 controls menu. I would like it to be disabled/enabled by a switch press but the only option I have found via an offset (which I don`t have on me for reference right now!), disables the rudder axis but 10 seconds later re-enables it without any input. Is there a way to take this time limit off? I hope you can shed some light on this matter. Just to clarify I want to disable the axis for failure simulation.

Regards and well done for an excellent piece of software

Chris

I wonder if you could help with a little problem I`m having, I basically want to disable the rudder axis using an FSUIPC offset if possible rather than an option within the FS9 controls menu. I would like it to be disabled/enabled by a switch press but the only option I have found via an offset (which I don`t have on me for reference right now!), disables the rudder axis but 10 seconds later re-enables it without any input. Is there a way to take this time limit off?

It's actually supposed to be about 12 seconds, and is a safety feature to prevent loss of controls because a fly-by-wire program or gauge happens to stop working (maybe terminated).

I hope you can shed some light on this matter. Just to clarify I want to disable the axis for failure simulation.

That's normally something done by program. Why would you want it done by pressing a button?

The only way I can think of doing it is by using a Lua plug-in, to loop re-writing the disconnect flag every few seconds 9with a "sleep" for the rest of the time), until you release the button or press another to send it a flag.

Lua plug-ins, when installed in the Modules folder, can be assigned to a button and made to recognise flags set or changed by another or the same button, even read buttons themselves.

Almost any failure mode could be programmed via Lua plug-ins as they have full read/write access to all FSUIPC offsets.

Regards

Pete

Peter, thankyou for your quick reply I will definately look into that programming language and see what I can develop. The reason I ask about the push button selection is that I am modelling a Jaguar Simulator, It has a selection on the control grip that enables "Nosewheel disconnect", It basically allows the pilot to carry out all of the control surface functionals without the nosewheel moving. I understand that the nosewheel doesn`t move when the aircraft is stationary, but there is a indication in the control panel when it is on/off, and I would like to model a nosewheel steering failure as the aircraft is moving.

Thankyou once again

Chris