The simFlight Network Forums

simconnect failure cannot be resolved

dear mr dawson,

previously all worked Ok. Then I needed to reinstall FSX SP1

All works fine wxcwpt that FSUIPC 4.5 cannot be installed. with the warning below.

I tried the workaround you posted, no help.

I reinstalled Windows and FSX fresh

no help.

What to do?

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.50

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...reinsal

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61355.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

dear mr dawson

It's actually DOWSON, not Dawson, as in the name of this Forum and on all my programs. But most folks call me Pete.

previously all worked Ok. Then I needed to reinstall FSX SP1

Ouch. These re-installs cause more trouble than they fix. Why did you need to do that?

All works fine wxcwpt that FSUIPC 4.5 cannot be installed. with the warning below.

So, what other SimConnect client applications do you have which "work fine"?

I tried the workaround you posted, no help.

Which one is that, please? Tell me exactly what you did.

I reinstalled Windows and FSX fresh

no help.

Re-installed Windows? On a freshly formatted disk as well? Wow!

If the disk wasn't re-formatted first I'd guess that the WinSxS folders containing simConnect are still in the same mess as before.

And when you installed FSX, did you run it and check it before moving on to install SP1? I think that's needed.

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

You've edited this so I can't tell exactly, but is there no listing of ANY valid SimConnect folders in Windows\WinSxS? The folder names, with FSX and SP1 installed, should be:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_...

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_...

Also there are lots of entries in the registry with all these details, and I think they are crucial to the working of the WinSxS system too. This certainly creates problems when folks rollback to a backup up setting in Windows, because the folders containing the files still seem to be left. I suspect this is what is going wrong during uninstalls too, but yours is the very first time I've ever seen anyone report NO versions of SimConnect installed correctly. The problem where FSUIPC couldn't load if the base version was okay is remedied in version 4.50, which only needs one working version.

If you have the Deluxe version of FSX, you can find and run the SimConnect.msi installer to try to fix it. The SP1a SDK from the Microsoft site needs the base SDK installing first. Another alternative is to try installing the SP2 update, which will install its version of SimConnect.

If you are okay at Registry reading, checking and editing I can provide some info I've sussed out about SimConnect registry entries -- but ALWAYS make a restore point before ever touching the Registry unless you feel very confident!

Regards

Pete