The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Throttle Problems

Hello Pete,

I have a registered version of your FSUIPC and I’m having problems in calibrating my Saitek Throttle. I’m using this together with the CH Yoke.

I have programmed the throttle as follows:

Lever 1: Throttle1

Lever 2: Throttle2

Lever 3: Prop pitch (for Props and Airbus).

The problem is that when the levers are pulled back to idle, the reverse thrust is always being activated. With pushing the F1 button on the keyboard the engines go back to idle.

When pushing the levers forward at ~ 50% thrust the reverse disappears and the thrust is being transmitted to the engines.

Do you have a clue why this can happen?

Thanks a lot in advance for any reply.

Cheers,

Martin

The problem is that when the levers are pulled back to idle, the reverse thrust is always being activated. With pushing the F1 button on the keyboard the engines go back to idle.

When pushing the levers forward at ~ 50% thrust the reverse disappears and the thrust is being transmitted to the engines.

Do you have a clue why this can happen?

Sounds like you've not calibrated them properly in FSUIPC. By default the idle position will be well away from full back, to allow reverse thrust. You need to actually calibrate, as instructed in the documentation, to put the idle where you want. That's a part of the process of calibration which you perhaps skipped? There's not much point in using FSUIPC if you don't do this.

if you don't want a reverse zone on the throttle levers, just check the option for no reverse zone, top left.

Pete

Hi Pete and thanks a lot for your quick answer.

The funny is that everything was calibrated and worked very well, exactly how I wanted it to be. Then suddenly (last Sunday) all the setting were different (as described) and I don’t know why.

I’ll read the manual once again (maybe more instantly) and then I’ll try again.

Thanks anyway.

Martin

I have found a way to make it work:

I pulled the levers back to idle and in FSUIPC I pushed the button for Reverse and Idle. After that I pushed the lever to the top and pushed the MAX button and that's it. Everything is working perfectly now, just the way I want it.

I repeated this for all the planes I'm flying and the result is always the same, just perfect.

There is only one exeption: The Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne: When pushing the thrust levers to maximum they are going to maximum for a second and then they are falling down to zero again. What could this be?

Cheers,

Martin

I have found a way to make it work:

I pulled the levers back to idle and in FSUIPC I pushed the button for Reverse and Idle. After that I pushed the lever to the top and pushed the MAX button and that's it. Everything is working perfectly now, just the way I want it.

That's the correct method for older versions of FSUIPC where there is no option for "no reverse zone". You should not be doing that now, but using the "no reverse zone" option instead, as I said!

There is only one exeption: The Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne: When pushing the thrust levers to maximum they are going to maximum for a second and then they are falling down to zero again. What could this be?

No idea. Sounds like something they've programmed which you need to find out about. What do they say?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'll take a look at the version that I've got. But I think it is 3.75.

I have programmed the reverse to a button, I think it is button N° 3. When I pull the 3rd lever into the read area the reverse thrust comes alive.

Maybe I'll purchase the latest version of FSUIPC. Wold that be ok with you, Pete? :D

Am I right hoping that I do not have to make all the settings again once I have installed the latest FSUIPC version?

Cheers,

Martin

I'll take a look at the version that I've got. But I think it is 3.75.

Good grief! You should have mentioned that before. I will not answer questions on such an old version. I can only support current versions, and 3.75 is now getting on for 2 years and 15 versions out of date!

Maybe I'll purchase the latest version of FSUIPC.

Why purchase again? You purchased FSUIPC3. That includes ALL versions of FSUIPC3. You are expected to keep up to date, especially if you want support.

Am I right hoping that I do not have to make all the settings again once I have installed the latest FSUIPC version?

Yes.

Pete

Good morning Pete,

As you may know there are several varies of the Cheyenne. So I tried another one (IFR/VFR, D-IBIW) and it worked, everything is doing fine now. Quiet stranage but for me it's ok now as I can fly the Cheyenne now as I wanted to.

Cheers,

Martin