The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with Main Flight Controls calibration

Hello all,

I recently stumbled into a problem with the calibration of the main flight controls through FSUIPC.

I don't get any IN and OUT values anymore when moving the proper axis.They are moving in the axis assignment screen but not in the calibration window.And the strange part is that my rudder and prop/mixture axis do work.I have FS9 with the Saitek Yoke en rudder.

I hope someone can help me with this as now,i only have 50% of the throttle's range and it won't let me correct it :s.

Regards,

Steven

I recently stumbled into a problem with the calibration of the main flight controls through FSUIPC.

I don't get any IN and OUT values anymore when moving the proper axis.They are moving in the axis assignment screen but not in the calibration window.And the strange part is that my rudder and prop/mixture axis do work.I have FS9 with the Saitek Yoke en rudder.

How are they assigned -- direct or via FS controls? Have you disabled your controls in FS? Are you using some other software like Saitek's control program? What did you change to bring this about, or have you never had it working?

Always test with default aircraft first. If you are using a fancy add-on aircraft it may be interfering.

And please always quote VERSION numbers -- what version of FSUIPC?

Pete

MS Vista Home Premium /64 - FS/x (acceleration) - FSUIPC 4.5 - Saitek ProFlight Yoke & Throttle Quadrant combo

I am having a similar issue.

Firstly, the Saitek Drivers will NOT install in my system (and we can't figure out why) all were removed from oem.inf / System32 /syswow64 & registry. So back to default Microsoft driver on boot up.

Please remember I'm totally green at FSUIPC, but it didn't take long to figure out some things. And thanks to FSUIPC - I am able to fly !!

'Sometimes' I get aileron 'in and out' and sometimes I don't (Weird - I figure it's Vista) I manually typed the numbers into fsuipc.ini

If I DISABLE joystick in FS/x (think I read that in the instructions) it doesn't work at all. So I disabled the X/Y Axis and X/Y/Z rotations -

re-calibrating them in FSUIPC. The only issue is a slight drift/yaw to the right.....

Have I missed something ?

Thanks for your patience with me

If I DISABLE joystick in FS/x (think I read that in the instructions) it doesn't work at all.

They aren't assigned in FSUIPC then. There are two parts of FSUIPC relating to joystick axes -- assigning and calibrating. You don't have to assign in FSUIPC. In fact, generally, there's no good reason to, especially for beginners. The main advantages are to do with having different axes assigned for different aircraft types.

The calibration facilities in FSUIPC have been there for many years, long before any axis assignments were supported there. They can be used to calibrate FS-assigned or FSUIPC-assigned axis -- in fact, unlerss you assign in FSUIPC "direct to FSUIPC" they cannot tell the difference, they are indistinguishable.

So, it sounds as if you are doing the "normal" thing, using FS for all your assignments, making sure they work okay in FS, then using FSUIPC for that final accurate calibration.

So I disabled the X/Y Axis and X/Y/Z rotations -

Eraren't you using those? Sorry, this is rather confused.

The only issue is a slight drift/yaw to the right.....

Have I missed something ?

Is this with the FS control surfaces neutral? If so, check the trims in FS, and check the realism setting for the aircraft -- some effects there pull left, some right, depending on other things like the rotation direction of the prop.

If the control surfaces in FS are not neutral with the controls centred, then you haven't calibrated correctly for a proper central zone.

Regards

Pete

I've just re-read my question, and can see how I confused you. (reading it here....just confused the daylights outta me !!)

In FS/x / Controls - I disabled X/Y axis and X/Y/Z rotations.....So FSUIPC would have control of them

And, I disabled the joystick completely in FS/x !! Now that I am beginning to get some understanding of FSUIPC - I used it to

configure all the buttons & switches.

Just one 'button' will not work. Red button on the yoke right hand (Saitek #2...FSUIPC #1) "Next View". But I'm sure with patience

I will sort it out.

Thank you for writing FSUIPC - without it, I wouldn't be flying !!

Regards