The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Yoke Issue

Hi Peter, I have a Saitek yoke that has been problem free for the last year but in this last week it has started to exhibit the random keypress issue. I am working with Saitek to resolve this but would like to get some functionality back until then. Is it possible to prevent FSUIPC from passing certain variables to FS? Specifically the variables for changing views?

I have tested the yoke with both the keystroke and the controller assignments removed from the selection menu and the view changes at random. I have removed FSUIPC from the modules folder and it does not change views. I have put FSUIPC back in the folder, disconnected the yoke and flown by keyboard and it will not do a random view change until I plug it back in.

The only thing I can see is that the yoke likes to send a variable offset that FSUIPC is interpreting as the view change. It is doing this in both FS9 and FSX. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chuck

CYXU

Hi Peter, I have a Saitek yoke that has been problem free for the last year but in this last week it has started to exhibit the random keypress issue. I am working with Saitek to resolve this but would like to get some functionality back until then.

There's an option I incorporated for that which according to testers worked fine. have you tried it? It is listed in the Button Programming section of the Advanced Users guide (around page 19). It is called "EliminateTransients".

Is it possible to prevent FSUIPC from passing certain variables to FS? Specifically the variables for changing views?

Not if an application or assignment is requiring this. It isn't a value being passed which changes views, it is a control -- same as you pressing a button or key to do it. But FSUIPC doesn't do anything like that by itself in any case.

If FSUIPC intercepted and stopped such controls you wouldn't be able to change views at all. I don't think you'd want that in any case.

I have tested the yoke with both the keystroke and the controller assignments removed from the selection menu and the view changes at random.

What selection menu where? If the yoke is causing transient button pressing, which I believe was the problem, then the button it is pressing is obviously assigned somewhere to some view control. You are evidently not un-assigning that button somewhere.

I have removed FSUIPC from the modules folder and it does not change views.

In that case you obviously have the culprit button so assigned in FSUIPC. Try simply deleting the button assignment in the FSUIPC.INI file.

The only thing I can see is that the yoke likes to send a variable offset that FSUIPC is interpreting as the view change.

No. Yokes cannot send "variable offsets". It is a known problem where it sends a short-lived button press. It is so short-lived it cannot possibly be from a human -- that is why the EliminateTransients facility works.

There is also an "IgnoreThese" facility for Buttons, also described in the Advanced user's document (same page in fact), but you do need to know which button it is first, and you would then lose the use of that button for other things -- like the views you appear to have assigned it for!

Why not first try going to FSUIPC's button assignments and seeing which button it is which appears without you pressing it, when manipulating the yoke?

Pete