The simFlight Network Forums

FS Real Time 1.88.1 and FSUIPC

I am running FS9.1 on Windows Vista, comptable with Windows XP, with FSUIPC 3.9

I like to use the add-on FS Real Time , but get the following error message in its window: "IPC timed out all retries".

According to the creator it is an FSUIPC-error-message,

Can somebody help me ?

This add-on keeps the FS-time synchronized with the PC and while flying to the actual zone-time.

I am running FS9.1 on Windows Vista, comptable with Windows XP, with FSUIPC 3.9

I like to use the add-on FS Real Time , but get the following error message in its window: "IPC timed out all retries".

According to the creator it is an FSUIPC-error-message

No, it is not an FSUIPC messahge, it is an error detected by his program and the message is from his program. there is no such message from FSUIPC itself.

All it means is that it isn't communicating with FSUIPC.

Are you by any chance running FS "as administrator", but FSRealTime not "as administator"? Or vice versa? On Vista, if two programs are running at different privilege levels then they cannot exchange data via shared memory, so they cannot use FSUIPC interaction. They should both be run in the same way, preferably 'normally'.

This add-on keeps the FS-time synchronized with the PC and while flying to the actual zone-time.

I know FSRealTime. I use it myself, and have done so for a long time.

Please tell Joshua, the author, of what you find to fix this on your system -- I'm sure it will be because of how you are running FS9 on Vista (FS9 is not so good on Vista as it violates many Vista rules). He will need to know so as not to give incorrect advice.

Regards

Pete