The simFlight Network Forums

Fuelling the PMDG747 via FSUIPC

Hello all,

just tried to refuel the PMDG 747-400X via FSUIPC using the offsets 0x1244 etc.

The fuwlling works fine, no errors returned and MS-FS is showing the right values.

However, after a few seconds, the fuel values revert to the previous settings.

Probably PMDG747 is overwriting them at certain intervals. Does anyone have an idea how to avoid this?

(The PMDG load manager does fuelling from outside of MS-FS as well and these values are ot overwritten; so there has to be some way)

Probably PMDG747 is overwriting them at certain intervals. Does anyone have an idea how to avoid this?

You'd need to ask PMDG. They do have a support forum I think?

The PMDG load manager does fuelling from outside of MS-FS as well and these values are ot overwritten; so there has to be some way)

I expect the PMDG programs talk to each other.

If they do this using "L:variables" (FS Local Gauge named variables) then you may be able to identify them and influence them using the new Lvar facilities offered in the latest version (4.50) of FSUIPC4.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

thanks for the reply. My investigations discovered that it might be done via SimConnect, but no FSUIPC offset variables are changed.

Just another question: I found the following lines in the FSUIPC SDK

// Now to auto-Register with FSUIPC, to save the user of an Unregistered FSUIPC
// having to Register UIPCHello for us:
static char chOurKey[] = "IKB3BI67TCHE"; // As obtained from Pete Dowson

Where/how can I obtain such a code?

Best Regards

Christian Grill

http://www.topcatsim.com

thanks for the reply. My investigations discovered that it might be done via SimConnect, but no FSUIPC offset variables are changed.

sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. If the SimConnect variables which FSUIPC reads are changed, then SimConnect will notify those and the values will be readable.

Where/how can I obtain such a code?

You would apply to me in writing, by email, but such codes are not needed any more, so don't bother.

Pete