The simFlight Network Forums

CS727 Fuel Cut-Off Switches Not Working

I have the Captain Sim 727-100 and 200 for FSX.

My fuel cut-off switches on the pedestal are not working when I have my registered FSUIPC 4.50 enabled. If I go the the Modules folder and remove the FSUIPC.dll, the fuel cut-off switches will work perfect every time.

I want to use FSUIPC because that is how I set up all of my controllers.

What in this FSUIPC program could possibly be causing the fuel cut-off switches to freeze? :cry:

This makes it so I can not use the start procedure to start my engines. If I use Ctrl+E, the fuel cutoff switches will move and work for the FS automatic start.

My fuel cut-off switches on the pedestal are not working when I have my registered FSUIPC 4.50 enabled. If I go the the Modules folder and remove the FSUIPC.dll, the fuel cut-off switches will work perfect every time.

FSUIPC doesn't touch any switch or axis unless you or a program asks it to.

What in this FSUIPC program could possibly be causing the fuel cut-off switches to freeze? :cry:

You've probably assigned something to make it happen. Remove your FSUIPC INI file and run FS again so it generates a default setting with nothing assigned.

Pete

I have done that already. The way that the Captain Sim 727 is made, you can't assign any control to the fuel cutoff switches that I know of.

I have been using FSUIPC for over a year without any problems. I assign all of my planes pretty much the same way without any problems at all. These fuel cutoff switches (just #1 and #2) are locked only when FSUIPC is functional.

I will try to remove the .ini file and see if I can reprogram it after it goes back to default. Captain Sim says that I shouldn't be using FSUIPC with this plane, but I don't understand why it would just lock up two of the fuel switches and not the third one.

I'll try it and get back to you. Thank you for your response.

Bob

I have done that already. The way that the Captain Sim 727 is made, you can't assign any control to the fuel cutoff switches that I know of.

I have been using FSUIPC for over a year without any problems. I assign all of my planes pretty much the same way without any problems at all. These fuel cutoff switches (just #1 and #2) are locked only when FSUIPC is functional.

I will try to remove the .ini file and see if I can reprogram it after it goes back to default. Captain Sim says that I shouldn't be using FSUIPC with this plane, but I don't understand why it would just lock up two of the fuel switches and not the third one.

I'll try it and get back to you. Thank you for your response.

Bob

In all cases I know of in FS (all versions and all aircraft) fuel cut off is by Mixture Lean/Mixture Rich. You have something assigned which is forcing the mixture to stick at one or the other - lean for cutoff, rich for idle.

In that case it is probably an assignment to the mixture control, or the mixture axis in FSUIPC. It would be easy enough to see in the INI file.

You've probably only got mixture assigned for two of the engines.

Pete

Pete, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you :D

It works perfect now. That was exactly the problem. I went ahead and programmed the mixture idle and rich to the buttons on my CH throttle and now I can start and shut down my engines like the pros.

I know that you have received many compliments for FSUIPC but if you don't mind, I would like to add mine.

The version that I have now is the second one that I have purchased along with WideFS. As far as I'm concerned it is some of the best money that I have spent.

Every simmer needs to purchase a registered version of this program and take a little time (very little) to learn how to set up the controllers, buttons and keys through FSUIPC. They would never use FSX or FS9 default settings again. I guarantee it.

A lot of programs say that they raise the experience of flying in MSFS, but the registered version of FSUIPC really does live up to that promise. It is great!

I use it for every aircraft that I have. That is why I wouldn't accept that Captain Sim said I couldn't use it with his sim. It works perfect now and makes that 727 ready to fly for real.

Thank you,

Bob