The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC with window.dll

Dear Peter,

Where to begin?

First of all, thank you for your work that I appreciate since FS98

Now that I'm with FSX, I decided to realize my old dream: making a "home cockpit", using macros files in FSUIPC, and I want to do so on the basis of the Wilco/FeelThere A320 that I like better in the meantime.

Immediately, YES, it works very well with the majority of buttons, encoders and the library for this special plane : A320CFM_feelThere.DLL.

But here is a problem that I is not moving past week:

Some commands of this VC panel work with the library window.dll. This applies, for example, the EFIS for orders "ND Mode" or "ND Range", normaly action this the wheel mouse (+/-).

I detect my command in FSUIPC and window.MCRO a file, then the change in FSUIPC4.ini well done:

FSUIPC4.ini (extract file)

[MacroFiles]

1=747 OHD

2=APchart

3=A320CFM_feelThere

4=window

[buttons.Feelthere A320 CFM Air France]

0=P64,0,K97,10

1=P64,1,K98,10

32=P65,0,CM3:15,0

33=P65,1,CM3:16,0

34=P65,2,CM4:2,14

35=P65,3,CM4:1,13

window.MCRO (total file)

[Macros]

Module="window.dll"

1=JOY65_3_SW=RXedb0*X8bcc,13 ;EFIS ND MODE – (wheel mouse)

2=JOY65_2_SW=RXedb0*X8bcc,14 ;EFIS ND MODE + (wheel mouse)

At this point, I wonder if this library standard Windows can not escape your control via FSUIPC. Can you give me your feelings, because, I do not know what to do!

In any case, thank you again for your continued work on this important interface.

Cheers,

Philippe, Montpellier - France

Some commands of this VC panel work with the library window.dll. This applies, for example, the EFIS for orders "ND Mode" or "ND Range", normaly action this the wheel mouse (+/-).

Window.DLL? Really? That seems very odd -- virtually all gauge functions use PANELS.DLL.

[Macros]

Module="window.dll"

1=JOY65_3_SW=RXedb0*X8bcc,13 ;EFIS ND MODE – (wheel mouse)

2=JOY65_2_SW=RXedb0*X8bcc,14 ;EFIS ND MODE + (wheel mouse)

Did you test these macros before naming them, using the Tab facility, as documented and as prompted on screen when making them?

Incidentally, why don't you name them something more obvious, like "NDmode-" and "NDmode+"? And shouldn't they be part of your "A320CFM_feelThere" macro file, along with the others for the same aircraft? Having to find and select a macro in the drop down list by the name "window:JOY65_3_SW" seems a bit, er, deliberately obscure?

If i were you I'd name things in terms you can relate to properly, like "A320" for your macro file (how many A320's have you got, after all?), and useful names for the actions inside, normally the same as the labels you'd like on the switches.

At this point, I wonder if this library standard Windows can not escape your control via FSUIPC. Can you give me your feelings, because, I do not know what to do!

If they don't work in the TAB test then you shouldn't have bothered to name and save them, as they won't work. As the documentation clearly says -- TAB test them first!

I assume you are using FSUIPC version 4.50? If not, you should be! In that version there are added FSUIPC controls for the default FSX ND mode and other EFIS selectors, which certainly apply to the default Airbus. Maybe those will apply to the FeelThere version toodid you try?

Otherwise it is possible that the gauges in this aircraft panel will respond to gauge "L:variables", or LVars. Use the facilities provided in the latest FSUIPC version (4.50) to list the Lvars and see if there are some you can use.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Your answer was a bit faster than lightning and here is mine:

1 / My version of FSUIPC was 4.40 in November 2008, I just installed the 4.50!

2 / Yes, it is the library which is used window.dll, here in the view below is the proof:

macro.jpg

EFIS.jpg

3 / No, the TAB key does not work during the test.

But nothing has changed. An idea, the library window.dll might be to upgrade?

Regards,

Philippe

2 / Yes, it is the library which is used window.dll, here in the view below is the proof:

Very strange. I've really no idea how or why it calls Window.DLL.

3 / No, the TAB key does not work during the test.

In that case there was no point in creating the macros. The reason for the TAB test is so that you can tell whether it will work -- and you found it didn't!

But nothing has changed. An idea, the library window.dll might be to upgrade?

Sorry, I don't understand that part. Upgrade what?

Did you try the new EFIS facilities for the default A321 yet, to see if they work on the FeelThere variant?

Regards

Pete

Yes, I try with the FSX A321 EFIS, It's seme situation, see :

A321EFIS.jpg

but, WITHOUT the parameter 13 or 14 ?

For Update window.dll, It's bad idea, I have tested without succes.

I thinks, for today It's OK because, I dont have new idea... May be tomorow..

Thank you for your reponse.

Cheers

Philippe

Yes, I try with the FSX A321 EFIS, It's seme situation, see

No no no! You misunderstand! :-(

In version 4.50 of FSUIPC, there are NEW FSUIPC controls to operate the EFIS directly. For the default A321 you do not need to make macros! The same facilities may work for the FeelThere version too. Or else you can use the added LVar facilities, as I said a couple of messages back (you ignored that?).

Please please DO read the release notes (History document) and see what is being added. I am doing all this work and you are ignoring it! You should be able now to assign directly, no messing about!

For Update window.dll, It's bad idea, I have tested without succes.

I have still no idea whatsoever what you meant by "update window.dll". It means nothing to me. Window.dll is part of FS. How are you "updating" it?

Please do read what I write. I feel I waste a lot of time repeating myself. :-(

Pete