The simFlight Network Forums

Offset use with Joystick Button Push

Hi Pete,

Its been a long time since I posted something, so here I go.

I'm trying to learn how to use offsets by assigning them to a push button from my Bodnar card. Just want to learn how to assign it to a Cutoff Switch in PmSystems. The offset is 541A (I think) and the Bit is 0 for engine 1 and Bit 1 for Engine 2. Can you please give me an example of what offset selection I should use in the drop down list and what I need to enter.

If anyone else can answer this without having to bother Pete, it would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Brad Heller.

I'm trying to learn how to use offsets by assigning them to a push button from my Bodnar card. Just want to learn how to assign it to a Cutoff Switch in PmSystems. The offset is 541A (I think) and the Bit is 0 for engine 1 and Bit 1 for Engine 2. Can you please give me an example of what offset selection I should use in the drop down list and what I need to enter.

It cannot be 541A, which is part of this:

5418 4 MCP/FCU Knobs/Selectors S00-31 (Read/Write)

Anyway, it's all really pretty much self evident. All offsets are accessible via the Offset controls in the drop-down assignments. There are Offset Byte, Word and Dword controls -- Byte = length 1 (8 bits), Word = length 2 (16 bits), Dword = length 4 (32 bits). If you are only changing one bit then Byte would be sufficient. The operations you can do are Set (to set a value -- changing the whole n bits), Setbits (to set one or more bits), Clrbits (to clear one or more bits) and Togglebits (to toggle one or more bits). There are also Inc and Dec and cyclic variants but you don't need any of those for sure. These are all listed in the dropdowns with meaningful names.

You need the bits values -- bit 0 = value 1, bit 1 = value 2etc (just 2 x 2 x 2, n times). Basic arithmetic. Add them together for multiple bits. This becomes the parameter.

Whether you want to set, clear or toggle depends on how the PM action works -- you need to refer to their documentation.

Pete