The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS v.6.02 and Win98 trouble

Hi there.

I'm a registered owner of Both FSUIPC v3.0.3 an WideFS v.6.02.

I used to run different addon (Radar Contact, NAV3, FSMeteo) on a linked PC. Now in FS9 it seems i can use anymore IPX/SPX protocol but only TCP/IP.

If i set my wideclient.ini this way

[config]

UseTCPIP=No

i cannot link any of the addon with FS9

In i set wideclient.ini

[config]

;UseTCPIP=No

ServerName=XXXXX

addon can connect to FS9 but only after several attempts (ShowText tell me) and data tranfer seems a bit slow :(

Can anyone plese help?

Thanks in advance

Luigi :wink:

If i set my wideclient.ini this way

[config]

UseTCPIP=No

i cannot link any of the addon with FS9

As it says in the WideFS documentation "Version 5.50 is the first version that defaults to using TCP/IP instead of IPX/SPX".

If you change the Client to use IPX/SPX you need to change the Server too. If they use different protocols they canot talk to each other.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

thanks for the prompt reply to my post.

Now both wideserver.ini and widwclient.ini have

[Config]

UseTCPIP=No

Port=8002

but ShowText tell me: maybe running on wideclient, but FS not running on server, or wrong FSUIPC.

What can ido at this point?

Never had problems before with your modules!

Thanks

Luigi

but ShowText tell me: maybe running on wideclient, but FS not running on server, or wrong FSUIPC.

And what do the Logs show? I can't say anything without information, sorry.

Never had problems before with your modules!

What was the last version of WideFS you used before 6.02? There's been no change in the Networking part since 5.50 and precious little, only tuning, since the big changes, for performance, in version 5.00. Of course most all the performance tuning has been in the TCP/IP protocol, as this is generally easier to get right in XP systems.

Also, have you changed anything else? Are you sure IPX/SPX is working correctly? Are you using Win98 on both server and client? Have you been through ALL the pointers in the WideFS documentation? There's got to be something in your system. The starting point is the content of the Server and Client LOG files.

Regards,

Pete

fixed!

My server PC loose FSUIPC registration :shock:

and i had to register again your modules.

Now both TCP/IP and IPX/SPX work just fine 8)

Very strange for it to lose the registration. Did you restore an older Registry or something? I'd be interested to know how that happened. Or was the FSUIPC.KEY file deleted accidentally?

Anyway, I'm pleased you solved the mystery!

Pete