The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft Specific by Engine Type

Guest jcardana

Guest jcardana

Hello Mr. Dowson,

Yeah, I'm still tinkering... This time not about GFDisplay though.

I've been setting up my aircraft controls...

For example: Using my Fuel Mixture Levers only for Props and Fuel Cutoff Switches only for Jets. Also my Joystick for Fighter Jets and my Flight Yoke for Props.

Then I had an idea... The aircraft specific option is a little too specific for what I'm doing. So, naturally, I started wondering what would be involved to have an additional option to make assignments specific to engine type. I mostly use types 0=Piston, 1=Jet & 5=Turboprop. If it were possible to distinguish between engine types then I wouldn't have to configure every aircraft, just one of each.

Right now I'm cutting/pasting entries within the fsuipc.ini file to speed things along, so if this idea doesn't appeal to you that's fine.

Is this something worth your time? I realize you'd have to make changes to both FSUIPC versions. Like I said, just wondering.

Regards,

Joe

Then I had an idea... The aircraft specific option is a little too specific for what I'm doing. So, naturally, I started wondering what would be involved to have an additional option to make assignments specific to engine type. I mostly use types 0=Piston, 1=Jet & 5=Turboprop. If it were possible to distinguish between engine types then I wouldn't have to configure every aircraft, just one of each.

That is exactly why I introduced the Profile system, to be used instead of Aircraft Specific.

Right now I'm cutting/pasting entries within the fsuipc.ini file to speed things along, so if this idea doesn't appeal to you that's fine.

With Profiles you only need to generate the few individual sets of settings you want, give them suitable profile names (like Piston, jet Turboprop, Helicopter, Glider), and whenever you load a new aircraft, assign it to one of the profiles in the drop-down profile list.

Seems you aren't keeping up with changes in FSUIPC at all? Best download the latest version and browse the History document, see what's changed. ;-)

Regards

Pete

Guest jcardana
Seems you aren't keeping up with changes in FSUIPC at all? Best download the latest version and browse the History document, see what's changed. ;-)

Nope, I've been out of it for a while. :oops: Sorry to bother you, I'll go back and start reading.

Joe