The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to Download V3.90

Hi Pete

I have been a registered user of FSUIPC for a few years and I had a HDD crash recently. All is backed up except the actual V3.90 FSUIPC file. I went to download it but I keep getting an error at the end of the download saying:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Goran Mxxxxxxx\Desktop\FSUIPC.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

I can download everything else on the site except FSUIPC 3.90.

Goran

I can download everything else on the site except FSUIPC 3.90.

The Schiratti site belongs to Mr. Schiratti. I have no more access to it than you, but it certainly downloads fine. I suspect you have an anti-virus program which is falsely detecting a virus. There have been a couple of other reports. You need to sort your AV out.

There is a later version in the Updates Announcement here, by the way. There usually is.

Regards

Pete

Here is why my AV is deleting it.

C:\unzipped\FSUIPC\FSUIPC.dll - probably a variant of Win32/Genetik trojan

Any ideas why it's doing this??

I've added it to the exclusions list for the AV so it's no problem anymore, and your reputation precedes you so I'm not worried by an attack on my PC, but I don't have this problem with any other FSUIPC version.

Goran

C:\unzipped\FSUIPC\FSUIPC.dll - probably a variant of Win32/Genetik trojan

Any ideas why it's doing this??

Yes -- because your AV package has a specific bit pattern listed as that virus, and it thinks it finds it in the DLL. But the DLL is not only compressed, which makes it look mostly like a random jumble of bits, but it is also SIGNED with a very secure signature which prevents undetected tampering with an extremely high degree of confidence, underwritten by GlobalSign. If you ever have any doubt just right-click on the module, select Properties-Version-Signature, highlight the signature listed and select Details. If it says it is "ok", then the module has not been tampered with, guaranteed.

You should always report false positive virus indications to your virus package support -- they will then add more data to their checking to avoid it happening again.

I've added it to the exclusions list for the AV so it's no problem anymore, and your reputation precedes you so I'm not worried by an attack on my PC, but I don't have this problem with any other FSUIPC version.

Each version is obviously different (else why would i release it?), so the bits making up the compressed version are also different. Obviously.

As I said, there's a later version in this Forum in any case. I can't update the Schiratti site very often -- Mr. Schiratti seems unresponsive at present in any case, so most of my packages are becoming outdated there.

Regards

Pete