The simFlight Network Forums

FPC with FSUIPC

Dear Peter,

I am blessed with PFC's Cirrus II with jet yoke, works flawlessly with FS9. But adding FSX with full installation of FPC's drivers, plus FSUIPC when I attempt to set up key assignments for Control Yoke buttons, I click on FSCtrls, then go to each line item (highlighting a specific line), the entire program (including FSX) freezes solid, requiring task manager to shut down.

Following your instructions to the letter in conjunction with FPC, I installed FSUIPC First, then install the PFC drivers, it installs a new FSUPIC and overwrites) violating your instructions, as FSUIPC was already installed.

This puts me back to where I started.

Tried different ways to make this work, to no avail.

Help!

I recognize you're away til the 9th, so hope you will able to resolve my issues.

To be sure, Dual Core, 2.667, XP Pro, and FSX Acceleration installed including SP 3. Same with XP.

Thank you, wishing you're well.

But adding FSX with full installation of FPC's drivers, plus FSUIPC when I attempt to set up key assignments for Control Yoke buttons, I click on FSCtrls, then go to each line item (highlighting a specific line), the entire program (including FSX) freezes solid, requiring task manager to shut down.

You are using an out-of-date PFC driver, then. Maybe FSUIPC as well.

Following your instructions to the letter in conjunction with FPC, I installed FSUIPC First, then install the PFC drivers, it installs a new FSUPIC and overwrites) violating your instructions, as FSUIPC was already installed.

I've got no such instructions or program which installs both FSUIPC and PFC. It sounds like you are getting your files from elsewhere. Try the official Pete Dowson downloads! If you download from the PFC site, use THEIR support, not mine. I am not in control of their files.

Pete

But adding FSX with full installation of FPC's drivers, plus FSUIPC when I attempt to set up key assignments for Control Yoke buttons, I click on FSCtrls, then go to each line item (highlighting a specific line), the entire program (including FSX) freezes solid, requiring task manager to shut down.

You are using an out-of-date PFC driver, then. Maybe FSUIPC as well.

I've got no such instructions or program which installs both FSUIPC and PFC. It sounds like you are getting your files from elsewhere. Try the official Pete Dowson downloads! If you download from the PFC site, use THEIR support, not mine. I am not in control of their files.

Pete

Yes I agree with Pete, I too was getting similar to what you described. before Pete put me straight.

Do not use the PFC module file one can download from PFC web site, it will cause PFC software to hang when you are trying to assign keys etc, esecailly for Digital Avionics. I have advised PFC about this, but have never received a reply.