The simFlight Network Forums

Wide FS and Voice Buddy 3.0

Peter,

Having a problem with getting Voice Buddy 3.0 to work with FSX if Wide FS is enabled.

If I disable wide FS , then Voice Buddy works . I am using Project Magenta software with

my flight sim setup and would like to incorporate Voice Buddy as well as the FSUIPC and Wide

FS modules. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ad4pkunc

Having a problem with getting Voice Buddy 3.0 to work with FSX if Wide FS is enabled.

If I disable wide FS , then Voice Buddy works . I am using Project Magenta software with

my flight sim setup and would like to incorporate Voice Buddy as well as the FSUIPC and Wide

FS modules.

I've used Voice Buddy in the past alongside WideFS with no problems. I cannot imagine where there could possibly be any conflict as there in nothing in common between them -- voice Buddy isn't using a Network connection, for instance, and WideFS has nothing whatsoever to do with either sound or voice recognition. How do you think they may possibly be related or conflicting?

Regards

Pete

Not realyy sure if they are related. I just tried disabling Wide FS inside FSX via the FSUIPC4 contol panel and Voice Buddy

worked fine. I am really stuck as what to do.

Is Voice Buddy using a TCP/IP Port, perhaps? If they are both trying to use the same Port, only one will win. WideServer uses ports 8002 and 9002 by default, but you can change these in the INI file (FSUIPC4.INI for the Server, WideClient.INI for the clients. You couid check the Voice Buddy documentation, to see what it might be doing in this area.

Apart from the Network access there's really nothing else WideFS could be doing on the Server PC.

Regards

Pete

NO luck.

I changed the ports in FSUIPC4.ini to 8020 and 9020 as well as the ones in wide client .ini to match.

Same problem. With wide FS enabled....no voice buddy. With it disabled..It works.

The mic seems to be responding in either case according to the level indicator, however there is no voice recognition

when Wide FS is enabled.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

ad4pkunc

With wide FS enabled....no voice buddy. With it disabled..It works.

That is so weird. Apart from the use of the Network there's nothing in WideServer which is any different from what's in FSUIPC. Ut is simply examining FS variables and copying data.

Maybe it is related to relative priorities and adding WideServer's activities to an already heavily-loaded PC is clobbering the recognition, itself a very CPU-intense operation. Try setting Voice Buddy to run at a higher priority. Alternatively if you are using a 2-core processor you could try assigning FSX to one core and voice buddy to the other. I think you can do that in Windows Task manager -- right-click on them in the Process list and set the "Processor Affinity" separately. (I don't know if you can set them to do this automatically). Oh, you may need to put "sapisvr.exe" to the same processor as Voice Buddy too, though i'm not sure. i'm only going by what i read in the "It's your Plane" docs. (IYP is what I changed to instead of Voice buddy, which I gave up on as being too unreliable in a noisy cockpit).

Regards

Pete

I am testing with FSX and Windows 7 on two computers one with XP and one with wondows 7. I have a problem with FS WIDE does not connect Sincerely thank you for response

What has this got to do with this thread, on Voice buddy?

WideFs works fine on Windows 7 -- I am using it in a system with mixed Viata, Win7 and XP PCs. You have a set up problem on your Network.

If you can't resolve it, post your WideClient and WideServer LOG files -- but please start a thread for this new subject.

Pete

I will continue to investigate this issue.

By the way, what is IYP. If its a speech rec. program, where can I finf it?

As I said,: "It's your Plane"the letters I Y and P are the initials of those three words. I used the abbreviation after mentioning it for brevity. Sorry if it confused you.

It is not only a speech recognition program, but a lot moresee http://www.itsyourplane.com . I think you can download a free trial, see how you get on.

Regards

Pete