The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC install not working

Hello! First of all, thank you for offering the fsuipc module. I'm having problems with the install though. I downloaded the free version for fs2004 and the instruction said to copy the fsuipc.dll file an put it in the modules folder. I did that and my sim acts like I never added the file. There is no module tab when I run the program or anything. I varified that the .dll file is in the modules folder and it is but there is no .ini file (you had mentioned that the .ini file would be created the first time I run it). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what it is. Any suggestions? I'm running fs2004 on Windows XP. However, I did not install flight sim in the "programs files" folder on the main harddrive....I installed the program on a secondary harddrive all its own. Would that make a difference? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I downloaded the free version for fs2004 and the instruction said to copy the fsuipc.dll file an put it in the modules folder. I did that and my sim acts like I never added the file. There is no module tab when I run the program or anything.

Where are you looking for this "module" tab? some folks seem to think it will appear in the opening dialogue, whereas, of course, it only ever appears in the menu bar at the top of the normal flight mode screen, when you are ready to fly.

I varified that the .dll file is in the modules folder and it is but there is no .ini file (you had mentioned that the .ini file would be created the first time I run it).

If FSUIPC.DLL is in the FS2004 modules folder it is literally impossible for it not to be loaded -- at least not without FS complaining that there's a module there it doesn't like. This is because ALL of FS2004's modules are in its Modules folders -- it either loads or complains about every DLL there.

First, tell me how many files with the first name "FSUIPC" you see there, in the Modules folder. If FSUIPC has ever run there will be three -- the DLL, the INI and a LOG. If you have Windows Explorer set to hide known filetypes from you then you'll not see the "INI" or "LOG" parts -- it'll just say they are something like configuration settings and Notepad files, respectively.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what it is. Any suggestions? I'm running fs2004 on Windows XP. However, I did not install flight sim in the "programs files" folder on the main harddrive....I installed the program on a secondary harddrive all its own. Would that make a difference?

No, no difference on Windows XP. There is a problem with Windows Vista when you install FS2004 in the Program Files folder, because that is protected and you start having to get extra privileges to get to the "real" Modules folder. But there's no such protection on XP.

The last time this happened it turned out, after a lot of to-and-fro'ing, that the user THOUGHT he had only one installation of FS2004, but in fact had two, and was loading a different copy to the one in whose modules folder he'd copied FSUIPC.DLL. I think this is the only possible explanation assuming the other checks I mentioned prove okay.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the quick reponse! You were absolutely right. I don't know how but I had fs2004 installed twice on different drives. I moved the .dll file to the other and its working! I knew it was something I was doing wrong! :D Thank you for your time!