The simFlight Network Forums

APR & GS problem

Hi !

I'm going to be desperate about this AP which doesn't want to follow the glide slope when I activate it via FSUIPC offsets (using Opencockpits' SIOC) ! :x

Let's explain the problem :

When I use my mouse to click on the APR button of the AP (using the default AP in the default FSX Baron 58), first $07FC (GS hold) and $0800 (APR mode) are set to 1. Then bit 8 of $3300 (Radios and AP indicators) switches to 1 when LOC is captured. Then, when GS begins to center $07D0 (ALT hold) is automaticaly switched off and immediately after the bit 9 of $3300 switches to 1 and the plane begins to follow the GS.

Ok, that's the normal behaviour. Now, when I push my physical button to pilot FSUIPC via offsets, I set $07FC and $0800 to 1. Then bit 8 of $3300 switches to 1 when LOC is captured. Then, when GS begins to center $07D0 is not switched off and when the bit 9 of $3300 switches to 1, the plane doesn't follow the GS and miss the approach. For testing, I tried to manually switch off $07D0 just before GS is captured, it didn't work...

Does anyone know what I didn't understand ?

When I use my mouse to click on the APR button of the AP (using the default AP in the default FSX Baron 58), first $07FC (GS hold) and $0800 (APR mode) are set to 1. Then bit 8 of $3300 (Radios and AP indicators) switches to 1 when LOC is captured. Then, when GS begins to center $07D0 (ALT hold) is automaticaly switched off and immediately after the bit 9 of $3300 switches to 1 and the plane begins to follow the GS.

Ok, that's the normal behaviour. Now, when I push my physical button to pilot FSUIPC via offsets, I set $07FC and $0800 to 1. Then bit 8 of $3300 switches to 1 when LOC is captured. Then, when GS begins to center $07D0 is not switched off and when the bit 9 of $3300 switches to 1, the plane doesn't follow the GS and miss the approach. For testing, I tried to manually switch off $07D0 just before GS is captured, it didn't work...

Interestingly, all FSUIPC does when you change offsets 07FC and 0800 from zero to non-zero is send FS the controls KEY_AP_APR_HOLD_ON and KEY_AP_LOC_HOLD_ON, respectively, which is exactly what the mouse or keystroke would do.

Enable the event logging as well as your offset value tracking and see what is going on.

You do know you can send FS controls via offset 3110, don't you?

Oh, please always, ALWAYS, give versions numbers when you ask a question.

Regards

Pete

Interestingly, all FSUIPC does when you change offsets 07FC and 0800 from zero to non-zero is send FS the controls KEY_AP_APR_HOLD_ON and KEY_AP_LOC_HOLD_ON, respectively, which is exactly what the mouse or keystroke would do.

Enable the event logging as well as your offset value tracking and see what is going on.

You do know you can send FS controls via offset 3110, don't you?

Oh, please always, ALWAYS, give versions numbers when you ask a question.

Thank you for the quick answer.

Concerning the version number, it's 4.2 unregistered.

I didn't notice the offset 3110, which seems to be very interresting ! I'll try this when I have some free time.

How can I enable the event logging ?

Thank you.

Guilhem.

Concerning the version number, it's 4.2 unregistered.

That's pretty old now, and unsupported. Please update to 4.50 at least. After installing 4.50 there's a replacement DLL (only) in the Updates announcement here, which will bring you up to 4.517 (or later depending when you look).

It is best to always check that you are using the latest supported version before coming here with a question or problem. Check the "list of supported versions" in the Announcements.

How can I enable the event logging ?

See the Logging tab in FSUIPC options. How else? Logging is controlled by Logging options in a tab labelled "Logging". It isn't so obscure. It is also actually documented!

Pete