The simFlight Network Forums

L key/Wilco 737 PIC

When recording a macro and inserting a description, the L key cannot be used for typing as it appears to be assigned to a number of lights. I checked the keyboard shortcuts in FS to make sure it's disabled, as well the utility for the aircraft but in vain. Any idea?

When recording a macro and inserting a description, the L key cannot be used for typing as it appears to be assigned to a number of lights. I checked the keyboard shortcuts in FS to make sure it's disabled, as well the utility for the aircraft but in vain. Any idea?

Description? do you mean macro name?

Most all text keys are assigned to one thing or another in FS -- it doesn't make any difference to FSUIPC as the keyboard is intercepted in FSUIPC before FS sees the keys. So whatever is trapping your "L" key is either doing it as a "Windows hot key" -- in which case it would probably still get it even if you went to a different program outside of FS -- or it is intercepting the keyboard in the same way as FSUIPC, but is doing so beforehand.

The assignment to lights cannot be it, at least not the one in FS. So it has to be an assignment in one of your add-ons.

If you cannot get around it, I suggest you use a different letter then Edit the macro name in the MCRO file before assigning it.

Regards

Pete