The simFlight Network Forums

Light switches for FS2004

I am trying to allocate the light switches of my sim to FS2004, I can't pretend to understand much of FSUIPC and offsets but I am having some success.

However reading the lists of offsets I see that the lights are separated out for FS 2000 under 0D0C by separate bits but for FS 2004 they are blocked together under 0280, 0281 and 028C and for instance it appears that I cannot separately switch the beacons and the strobes.

I am already getting side effects e.g. When I switch on landing lights I also get the logo light.

Am I understanding things correctly? Did the flexibility of FS take a backward step between FS 2000 and FS 2004?

I am trying to program SIOC.

Regards

Barry

www.a320sim.com

... reading the lists of offsets I see that the lights are separated out for FS 2000 under 0D0C by separate bits but for FS 2004 they are blocked together under 0280, 0281 and 028C and for instance it appears that I cannot separately switch the beacons and the strobes.

These offsets, 0D0C, 0280, 0281 and 028C all work identically in all versions of FS from FS98 through FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX and ESP. I don't know where you get the idea that FSUIPC does not provide cross-platform compatibility as that is its whole raison d'etre!

If you want individual light switch operation, use offset ODOC and set/cler or toggle individual bits appropriately.

Pete

Sorry Peter I think you have misunderstood my question.

Reading the notes in FSUIPC for Programmers it says "0D0C (FS2k/CFS2)"

Should I read this to mean that 0D0C works in FS2K and will not work in FS9 and must I therefore use the more limited options in 0280?

Barry

Reading the notes in FSUIPC for Programmers it says "0D0C (FS2k/CFS2)"

That actually means it was new then in FS2000 and CFS2 days, so it didn't apply to FS98 or CFS1. At the time FSUIPC was designed to continue compatibility over for programs from FS98, so those things not supported in FS98 were so marked.

There's all the information there. If you look in the columns to the right, in that main Programmer's Guide you will see it is marked as "OK" for FS2002 and FS2004 And it is also clear in the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status document via the Read/Write columns.

Pete