The simFlight Network Forums

Help from Peter Please !

Hi Peter,

i registered your programe to work with Jet throttle from VDbroeck. The problem i am having might be resolved through you as the Jet throttle is linked to your module:

It is a slight problem in the reverse thrust during (instant replay) mode in fs2004

The engines reverse thrust just pull out and in for a second and it dosent replay the actual thrust applied for a certain time that was done in the normal flight.

During normal flying it works fine as much as i aplly revesre thrust it acts correctly .

Please note when i switch off the jet throttle and use the keyboards functions for reverse thrust it dosent give this problem in the replay mode.

It works fine in fs2002 with your module . Is there any setting from the module we can adjust to make reversethrust work normally in the instant reply , as i think might be a conflict somewhere.

Kindly assist

Alpine

i registered your programe to work with Jet throttle from VDbroeck. The problem i am having might be resolved through you as the Jet throttle is linked to your module

Linked in what way? You need to say what you've got FSUIPC configured to do for your throttle. Unless you've told it to do something, it will not do anything.

It is a slight problem in the reverse thrust during (instant replay) mode in fs2004 The engines reverse thrust just pull out and in for a second and it dosent replay the actual thrust applied for a certain time that was done in the normal flight.

Sorry, there's nothing I can do with recordings and replays. FSUIPC can only manipulate the input from your joysticks/throttles (if told to), and these aren't, or at least, shouldn't, be used duing any replay. If they are being used it is an FS bug and should be reported to MS, though it doesn't sound that serious that they'd be bothered too much I'm afraid.

Please note when i switch off the jet throttle and use the keyboards functions for reverse thrust it dosent give this problem in the replay mode.

And what about if you don't use FSUIPC for the reverser, as I assume you are doing (but you don't say)? Perhaps it would help me understand if you explained just HOW you are using FSUIPC in this matter, and what happens if you DON'T. It really sounds as if FS would prefer you to park your throttle in idle and leave it there during replays? Have you tried that?

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter ,

The Vdbroeck jet throttle programe will not work if FSUIPC is not installed in fs2004. So thats why i need FSUIPC module for the program I have not adjusted anything in FSUIPC programe for the reverse thrust and it is at the default settings . Is just that the FSUIPC module has to be there for the progarme to work as it requests for it , and that is what i meant (Linked to your module).

You got my point in your last quote what i am after which you stated :

(It really sounds as if FS would prefer you to park your throttle in idle and leave it there during replays? Have you tried that? )

Yes i have tried it and it will still do the same until i disconnect the jet throttle program then it work fine.

So that means there is a conflict between the Jet throttle and idle functions within MS in the replay mode.

Anyway peter i thought as using your module and u having experience in this field , u might help in a way to get over it . I thank you for your support and if u think there is a way i could try to go round this problem then i will appreciate your help.

Thanks again

Alpine

The Vdbroeck jet throttle programe will not work if FSUIPC is not installed in fs2004. So thats why i need FSUIPC module for the program I have not adjusted anything in FSUIPC programe for the reverse thrust and it is at the default settings . Is just that the FSUIPC module has to be there for the progarme to work as it requests for it , and that is what i meant (Linked to your module).

Oh, I see, It has an FSUIPC driver program, it does not connect direct to a USB or Game port? sorry, I didn't know that.

In that case it is presumably driving the thorttle by writing directly into FS through FSUIPC.

So that means there is a conflict between the Jet throttle and idle functions within MS in the replay mode.

Possibly, but if so it would not be possible to get around that. All FSUIPc is doing is passing on the throttle commands as it is told to.

Anyway peter i thought as using your module and u having experience in this field , u might help in a way to get over it .

I must admit to hardly ever using replay mode at all. I do use PFC COM port connected throttles which work through FSUIPC too, so I can try what you are doing, but it really sounds as if you probably need to check the folks who wrote the program you are using.

Regards,

Pete

Hi,

This is a problem indeed. I will adjust my program for this. If you are in replay mode the throttle is still trying to correct FS to the throttle interface settings. I will read the replay mode and if it is engaged the program will stop sending corrections to FS. I have a lot of work after my vacation, be patient for 2 to 3 weeks.

I send you a mail when the update is online at http://www.vdbroeck.net

Regards,

Roel