The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC v3.9 gives error, illegal connection attempt...

Hi Pete,

When I start my BlackBox flightlogger with FSUIPC 3.9 and FS running, I get an error from FSUIPC that an application is attempting to make an illegal connection.

Also something that this application (in this case the BlackBox flightlogger) isn't meant for the unregistered version... :S

I'm sorry, I cannot supply a more detailed description, because I "downgraded" to V3.85, which does work.

I don't know what I do wrong, but I didn't change anything of my code, so it must be a bug of V3.9.

Could you please download the BlackBox fligthlogger from http://www.utr-online.com/blackbox and install it?

I want to know if it connects to flightsim at your PC (assuming you use the latest FSUIPC version! :D)...

Just start the BlackBox (when FS is running), click No and check if in the right top it says "Connected".

If it doesn't, click Reconnect and check which error code is given... :)

Thanks very much in advance... ;)

Greetings,

Jasper Bussemaker

When I start my BlackBox flightlogger with FSUIPC 3.9 and FS running, I get an error from FSUIPC that an application is attempting to make an illegal connection. Also something that this application (in this case the BlackBox flightlogger) isn't meant for the unregistered version...

There are no such messages in FSUIPC 3.90! It sounds like something installed a much much older version -- before 3.70 probably.

I'm sorry, I cannot supply a more detailed description, because I "downgraded" to V3.85, which does work.

You'll get no support with an older version. If you want help from me, please install 3.90. If you get any problems with FSUIPC you must show me the FSUIPC.LOG file, please -- from the FS Modules folder.

Regards

Pete

Could you please download the BlackBox fligthlogger from http://www.utr-online.com/blackbox and install it?

I want to know if it connects to flightsim at your PC (assuming you use the latest FSUIPC version! :D)...

Just start the BlackBox (when FS is running), click No and check if in the right top it says "Connected".

If it doesn't, click Reconnect and check which error code is given... :)

I did this and, although it complains that it isn't connected, logging IPC reads and writes in FSUIPC's Logging shows it connected fine.

Your Error Code is 1.

There are no error messages like those you describe from FSUIPC -- they don't exist, in fact.

Your program does all this before it fails:

184594 READ0 3304, 4 bytes: 00 00 03 39

184594 READ0 3308, 4 bytes: 07 00 DE FA

184594 WRITE0 (failed, read-only!) 330A, 2 bytes: 00 00

That part is standard, part of the library, getting the FSUIPC version and FS version numbers (3.903 and "7"as shown). The write to a read-only location is deliberate to get a log entry, as it gives the LIB version number (0 apparently -- not sure why. Maybe one of the non-C/C++ versions where someone isn't filling in the library code level?)

These are actual reads from your program, evidently getting aircraft position etc:

185719 READ0 0560, 8 bytes: 00 00 DE EB 7B 98 59 00

185735 READ0 0568, 8 bytes: 00 00 BB 36 F8 84 07 FE

185735 READ0 0570, 8 bytes: 00 00 BD BB 54 00 00 00

185750 READ0 02B4, 4 bytes: 10 52 24 00

185750 READ0 0580, 4 bytes: AF 92 1D FA

185766 READ0 0366, 2 bytes: 01 00 185766 READ0 02C8, 4 bytes: 00 00 00 00

185766 READ0 0020, 4 bytes: D0 53 00 00

Please use logging and your debugger to find out what it is you are doing wrong. There's been no change in the FSUIPC interface since version 1.00, it is the same one as in FS5IPC and FS6IPC before it.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reaction.

The error code to which I am referring (1) is an error code defined by the VB6 source code.

So this could be indeed that you don't know about it.

These are the codes in VB6:

Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_OK = 0
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_OPEN = 1              ' Attempt to Open when already Open
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_NOFS = 2              ' Cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_REGMSG = 3            ' Failed to Register common message with Windows
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_ATOM = 4              ' Failed to create Atom for mapping filename
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_MAP = 5               ' Failed to create a file mapping object
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_VIEW = 6              ' Failed to open a view to the file map
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_VERSION = 7           ' Incorrect version of FSUIPC, or not FSUIPC
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_WRONGFS = 8           ' Sim is not version requested
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_NOTOPEN = 9           ' Call cannot execute, link not Open
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_NODATA = 10           ' Call cannot execute: no requests accumulated
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_TIMEOUT = 11          ' IPC timed out all retries
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_SENDMSG = 12          ' IPC sendmessage failed all retries
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_DATA = 13             ' IPC request contains bad data
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_RUNNING = 14          ' Maybe running on WideClient, but FS not running on Server, or wrong FSUIPC
Public Const FSUIPC_ERR_SIZE = 15             ' Read or Write request cannot be added, memory for Process is full

Code nr 1 is "Attempt to Open when already Open"...

From now on I officially hate software (joke!:D):

At today's test it suddenly worked without an error :S ....

Still, thanks for your time and effort.

Greetings,

Jasper Bussemaker

The error code to which I am referring (1) is an error code defined by the VB6 source code.

So this could be indeed that you don't know about it.

These are the codes in VB6:

Okay, those are the same error codes defined in the C/C++ library code too. But your message box did not declare it as the error returned by the library code.

Code nr 1 is "Attempt to Open when already Open"...

Well, that means what it says -- it sounds like your code decided it didn't like what it saw when reading that first section of data and was retrying -- without closing the previously opened connection first!

Maybe you are operating with too tight a time-out, and not checking the data returns?

At today's test it suddenly worked without an error

Well, it consistently fails here -- so I guess the timing on your system is a little closer. It still needs attention I think.

Regards

Pete