The simFlight Network Forums

I'm sorry, this has probably been asked a thousand times but I can't find it...

I'm programming my Saitek Yoke + extra throttle unit (4 throttle, flap, spoiler) in FSUIPC (joystick disabled in FS2004). I just can't seem to find out how to program the View Hat to perform as it does normally in FS2004. Thanks so much for your help...

- daniel

I'm programming my Saitek Yoke + extra throttle unit (4 throttle, flap, spoiler) in FSUIPC (joystick disabled in FS2004). I just can't seem to find out how to program the View Hat to perform as it does normally in FS2004. Thanks so much for your help...

There's no way in FSUIPC3 to program it to operate exactly as it does when FS2004 acts on it, because FS2004 treats it as an Axis not a series of buttons like FSUIPC3. With FSX and FSUIPC4 you can treat it either way—but FSUIPC4 uses DirectInput for the axes, like FS. FSUIPC3 does not.

However, you can get pretty close following the explicit example actually provided in the User Guide. I assume you've not looked there, as it is actually even listed in the Contents list, right at the front! Just look down until you reach the Buttons section and read the very next line! It even has the word "Hat" in the title!!

Pete

The fix works quite well... but is there any way to shorten the pause between the first and subsequent instances of the view command?

Check the description of the ButtonRepeat parameters in the Advanced User's guide. This addition was also described in the History document -- it was introduced by request in 3.90/4.50.

Regards

Pete